Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Sync 3

I found the voice commands to be blazing fast! It was asking the next question as soon as I finished speaking. The interface is bland but the performance is outstanding. I hope Car Play is just as fast on Sync 3.
  2. D

Must pay to sell?

Thanks for the reply, I posted on Craig's list after realized I could not post them here. I thought the members here would like a shot at them so of course this forum was my first thought.
  3. D

Must pay to sell?

Oh, I see the quality of membership has gone down hill since I last visited! Look at my previous 500+ posts and you will see only helpful and meaningful contributions to the forum. You could learn something...
  4. D

Must pay to sell?

Hi everyone, Its been awhile since I posted here because I turned in my Explorer and did not get another one. I can tell you that there are no forums on the Internet that compare to this one as far as participation and info. I purchased a Fusion and the forums are just not as enthusiastic...
  5. D

New SD Card/Update is out.

I figured by the time a letter reached me via snail mail that it could not be news here but I did not see it posted, must have missed it, so I posted it anyway. In my new 2013 Fusion, the navigation had the wrong location of a high school, hoping that is the only time I come across that...
  6. D

New SD Card/Update is out.

I received a letter that a new update is available. I logged onto syncmyride and it had me fill out a request for new SD card. FedEx will have mine here today. No charge to customer. This update looks like it will be like my 2013 Fusion layout.
  7. D

Auto head lights = Awful!

Is there not an adjustment for sensitivity? This option/feature has been around for 20+ years and I would think that it has been perfected. However, I rarely ever turn on my brights with the HID in my Limited so I would probably not use this feature either.
  8. D

Took some pics today!!

I do the same but the Explorer is considered mine. I hate swapping vehicles but the Fusion gets 29 MPG and I do allot more driving. Tinted Windows, Check Weather techs, Check Synthetic, Not since thy announced the heated steering wheel in the 13s!
  9. D

MFT Update

Update installed with no problems. As others have stated, the system is faster and more responsive for sure, however, it could be to a clean install. Will have to re-***** after a couple of months. Thanks for putting the temp back! Just in time for winter! Now I can check to see if the roads...
  10. D

MFT Update

Very excited that the temp display is back! I will run the update tomorrow!
  11. D

I hate the key fob (intelligent key)

I agree that you have a valid point. I have set the panic off a few times by mistake. Furthermore, your suggestion of a recessed button would help users identify the button in the dark faster.
  12. D

stealthbox Subwoofer

Their newer HD amps all have a small foot print. They have a HD 700/1 and a XD 600/1. I ran the HD versions and they were great.
  13. D

stealthbox Subwoofer

I've had several of the JL Audio Stealth boxes and they sound really good! You should pair it with a JL audio amp. The factory amp will not work. Plan on spending upwards of $1k for sub/amp/install and cables.
  14. D

Curb rash on 20" polished wheel.

Back when I was ordering my Explorer there was a discussion regarding the wheel option and one person stated, wait to you hit a curb with those aluminum wheels. I now personally know what they meant!
  15. D

When might we start hearing about the 2014 Explorer?

I just thought that the 4th year would bring a styling change but your right in the fact that the release schedule has been anything but normal on this vehicle. The only other tech item that would really interest me is the ability to remote start the vehicle from a smart phone. The heated...
  16. D

When might we start hearing about the 2014 Explorer?

My lease ends in 11 months and was hoping to choose between a great deal on a 2013 or some styling changes on a 2014.
  17. D

Traded it

If I ever won the lottery, I always said that a minivan would occupy one of my spots in my 10 car garage. However, dont know if I could go back to making it my primary vehicle. Love my Explorer and I too experience most of the issues you mention. Enjoy the new ride!
  18. D

Mounting / Wiring Radar Detector

I was wondering if the Lane Assist camera would provide any interference for the detector or mount? I have not seen this feature/equipment in person. I just know its located behind the mirror.
  19. D

Apple shows Siri car integration!

One of the BEST purchases i have made in a long time! Love my Nest!
  20. D

Oil Change interval

Lease = According to computer Own = Every 5K
  21. D

Debating FWD vs. 4WD in Massachusetts

It's important to remember that this is AWD so even in summer when it's raining you will have extra safety of the AWD system.
  22. D

let's talk moonroofs

Yes, mechanical failures are covered and I have seen motors fail and tracks bind up which are very expensive repairs. ESP Premium Care is a very good thing on a vehicle you own. Still wont cover just water leaks.
  23. D

let's talk moonroofs

Factory sunroofs have improved dramatically over the years and I just read an article recently, I think in Car and Driver, where they interviewed the CEO of the leading supplier of sunroofs to the car manufactures and he stated that the trend is now the bigger the better and leaking is a non...
  24. D

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Every time I touch "My Temp" it says temperature stored. So it does not allow me to actually set and keep a temperature. *Update* This seems to have sorted itself out and has been working now.
  25. D

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Bug When you press the voice button and try to "barge" in and say set as destination, it pauses the voice command instead of carrying out the command.
Back