Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

I need to replace mine too. Do you have power 3rd row or manual? Trying to figure out if I can replace myself and can’t find anything online showing how. The dealer wants $480! Thank you for any help you can provide!
  2. 1

Pulsating Brakes - 2011 XLT

I have the same issue on my 2011. Started a few months ago at approx 42k mi. I'll probably need new pads by year's end and I'll have the rotors resurfaced at that time and hope that clears up the problem.
  3. 1

Hankook Optimo H246 warranty claim?

Follow-up: As stated by a couple people above, Ford and Hankook both confirmed that the OEM tires do not carry a tread life warranty (just material defect). Oh well, it was worth a try to ask.
  4. 1

Hankook Optimo H246 warranty claim?

Has anyone here filed a warranty claim on the Hankook Optimo H246's prematurely wearing out? If so, did you file the claim with Ford or with Hankook? These tires have a 60,000 mile warranty. I have 30,000 miles on mine and two are at the wear indicator and the other 2 aren't far behind. I...
  5. 1

2011 Explorer suspension creaking over speed bumps/humps *FIXED*

This was my creaking problem that was finally fixed. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384555
  6. 1

New Issue: Liftgate Opening

Search the forum for TSB 12-10-7. I had the same issue repaired under this TSB.
  7. 1

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

So far so good. It has been 1 year since the first one was replaced, but only 1 week since the second one was replaced.
  8. 1

I have had my 2011 Explorer in twice for this issue. The first time it was a failure in the driver side seatbelt pretensioner. The second time it was a failure in the passenger side seatbelt pretensioner. In both cases the seatbelt pretensioners were replaced.
  9. 1

2011 Explorer suspension creaking over speed bumps/humps *FIXED*

On more than one occasion I have commented to the dealer about a creaking and/or rubbing sound from the front suspension when going over speed bumps and humps. On past visits it was dismissed as irreproducible but on my most recent visit it was confirmed AND fixed! Here is what they did...
  10. 1

so why Wi-Fi?

It probably wasn't the design intention but I can tell you a great use of in-car wifi if you have kids. There are a variety of games for the iPad and iPod Touch that support multiplayer modes over a LAN (i.e. Minecraft, Battleship, Scrabble, Real Racing, etc...). We run an in-car LAN using the...
  11. 1

Transmission "bump" aka "hard shifting" TSB

Our build date is 4/30/11 and we experienced the hard shifting issue when driving at slow speeds in our neighborhood. We have speed humps thru-out the neighborhood and when you would slow down to cross the hump and then put your foot back on the gas the transmission would slam so hard you...
  12. 1

Clock has stopped working

Yes, it has happened to me twice. Pulling the fuse to reset the system will make it return to normal... until it happens again.
  13. 1

Windshield Sunshade for Explorer?

I'm contemplating a CoverCraft UVS100 Heat Shield (model UV11172SV - which is custom patterned to fit the 2011+ Explorer) but I haven't purchased it yet so I cant offer any opinion. Also, it's not cheap. Approx $50. http://www.covercraft.com/uvs100.html
  14. 1

Voice command stopped responding

My 2011 Ex, running the 3.0.x MFT (dealer installed too), did the exact same thing several weeks ago. You would press the voice command button and the "listening" ear would appear in the lower left corner of the screen, but there would be no voice prompts, no "chime", AND the radio would *not*...
  15. 1

Rearview Camera Active Guidelines

You only get the active guidelines if the car is equipped with the auto parallel parking option. (edit: the option is called Active Park Assistant)
  16. 1

SterlingGrayXLT If you would be so kind, please post more details on what parts were replaced after the dealer completes the work. My airbag warning light has been staying illuminated for extended periods of time since Monday.
  17. 1

Ford new MFT tutorial app for the iPhone/iPad

Ford has created a tutorial app for the new MFT. http://itunes.apple.com/app/mft-guide/id501961889?mt=8
  18. 1

Odd vehicle mileage discrepency

Yes, I have it too, but I have a 0.4 mi discrepancy. The Trip counter reads 9799.8 mi and the odometer reads 9799.4 mi.
  19. 1

How to get Sirius radio ID?

Go to Sirius channel 0 on your radio. It will display the ID.
  20. 1

how to leave keys in the car and use keyless entry

I thought I had read somewhere if you left the Intelligent Access Key in the car and locked it using the [7/8] [9/0] key press method the Intelligent Access Key would be deactivated and could not start the car unless the passcode was entered on the keypad or another authorized Intelligent Access...
  21. 1

Navigation doesn't work - HELP!!!

Today was not a good day with nav under v2.11. On 3 of the 4 trips we took it had malfunctions. First trip of the day, we arrived at our destination, turned the car off and went in. When I came back out to the car 10 minutes later, even tho the car was off... the MFT screen was still on and...
  22. 1

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

I've got one of those videos too! I assure you am not careening thru neighborhoods as depicted on the nav screen but instead travelling along that major road at the far right of the screen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stPQMZlFunA (p.s. sorry about the background music :rolleyes: )...
  23. 1

Wax & Cleaner Recommendations

At the moment I am using Zaino Z-CS on the whole car - paint, trim, windows, and wheels. Like Klasse and Rejex, Z-CS is a polymer sealant, but easier to work with. Wipe it on... done. Z-CS also has UV inhibitors, so my hope is that this will also help prevent the black plastic parts from...
  24. 1

Cleaning & Conditioner for Leather Seats

Ugh, the stone leather seats in the Explorer have been a major point of stress since day-1. We had a dye-transfer stain on the side of the passenger seat that I believe occurred at the dealer when the car was being prepped. Tho admitting no fault, the dealer offered to have the stained area...
Back