Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

How to: SOHC V6 Camshaft Timing

Double check the TDC mark specific to your year vehicle I'll email you a 02 mark probably tomorrow (not at home currently). Measure 1 5/8 from the head to the top of the slot on the opposite end of the cam gear this is the centerline of cam at TDC. .. Google Alien Designed engines Read it twice...
  2. S

Install 2001 single ford cd player in 97 f150

Thank you again Stefin
  3. S

Thank you DjDom your top notch 10, I'm explorer parts rich so if you need something please yell at me N'ville 375-8081 Home of Country Music and Martha White Self Rising Flour. Thanks again SteFin JunkYard Dog ShadeTree.
  4. S

DJ Dom you don't have the 2001 single CD player wiring color codes for an Explorer or Sport or anyone else out there. The Chilton Manual and Data on line the two sources I use are very lacking in CD/Radio wiring diagrams. DJ where did you get your information Thanks again don't mean to be...
  5. S

Thankyou so much that's perfect SteFin Junkyard Dog ShadeTree
  6. S

mine actually fits with little modification the slide bracket has to be reversed top to bottom bottom to top forget which but it fits in the empty hole my plugs are different the 2001 and 97 f150 are different wiring plugs with a different # of pins. I have a Chilton wiring diagram of the 2001...
  7. S

Thanks SteFin JunkYard Dog Shadetree
  8. S

I buy wrecked Explorers & Engine/Trans dead Explorers and F150's. I got a couple of 2001 nice stock single CD players, I want to install in my F150. The F150 aftermarket stereo is going out, and has an aftermarket wiring job. Anyone every done this or seen this movie. I've got the Explorer...
  9. S

help need picture or diagram of an 01 explorer vacuum line diagram

Thanks Steven Junk Yard Dog Shade Tree. I'm currently installing an 01 4.0 Sohc engine into a 01 sport. The current engine installed is an 02 way different vacuum line routing mainly due to the drastic changes on the 02 intake/plenum changes. The low milage 01 donor motor had someone molested...
  10. S

4.0 sohc engine won't fire after head gasket fix

I'm a big believer in Sea Foam first became a Fan when the Junk yard boys added it to gas tanks to dissipate the water. Buy some tomorrow We always add add about a 1/3 of a quart oil total on top of both heads to make sure the valves cam and springs are well lube always with good results. So far...
  11. S

I removing the plugs today air out cylinders and insert starting fluid Thanks SteFin Junk Yard Dog Shade Tree
  12. S

I assume that the chain was only taught from the spring in the tensioner so the timing might be a few degrees off but not enough to result in your low compression readings. Did you rotate the crankshaft several revolutions before recording each reading? YES Did the pressure increase after each...
  13. S

I'm considering re-ring this motor, I have a couple other Blocks unmolested with pistons and rings installed at factory less than 100K. At TDC I locked the crank, there is a boss on the cam behind the gear that a 1 1/2" wrench will hold the cam while loosening the cam spocket. I made a cam...
  14. S

SOHC 4.0 Full Engine Gasket Kit

There's going to be 20 people who wouldn't do this I bought a 56.00 headgasket set on eBay did the complete motor and used permatex spray gasket on the used ones no leaks no failures. There's a Aussie who did this with the Head Gaskets ps I'm not that Brave. SteFin Junk Yard Dog Shade Tree I...
  15. S

Doesn't sound like a lot of compression if 180 were a benchmark the 60 I got sounds about right thanks again
  16. S

Door code for Transmission is a W

My friends vehicle Ford door code for his Transmission is a W directly under the TR my door Code on my sport is a D which is 5R55E anyone know what a W call letters are?
  17. S

Blew a head gasket, and put on new ones timed the chains I have a set of Homemade tools I made (going to post pictures later of the tools). Engine will not fire even squirting starting fluid in Cylinders only showing 60 lbs compression and 35 on # 4. compression doesn't leak down (not going...
  18. S

new explorer, questions

Sems makes a plastic paint for that bumper and you can pick it up at a dupont store and a pressurized bottle to spray it on with lacquer thinner with a water wet rag (dilutes the lacquer thinner so it doesn't attack the good paint) will remove the unwanted paint if it someone else's paint on...
  19. S

Over Drive (OD) kicks off after about 10 miles

2001 Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0 SOHC engine out of a 2002 2WD 4 door explorer. I've got about a 1000 miles on the engine swap. OD kicks out at about 10 miles Changed the switch at the shift lever still disengages. The seller a knowledgeable ford man told me that the transmission set without an...
  20. S

4.0L SOHC balance shaft. Why/what if?

I installed an 02 engine in my 01 I had to use the 01 intake/plentium because of the wiring and sensor's loactions the coil bracket and wiring on the 01 is in the rear 02 up front.
  21. S

Wanted Anyone ran into this

Belated Thanks to everyone who posted HElP for my trials and tribulations changed the fuel pump tightened up some things. Currently got 500 miles runs great (knock on wood) Going today to buy a 02 Explorer 4x4 limited "timing chains". Thanks again SteFin ShadeTree JunkYard Dog
  22. S

Extra ground strap good ideal! I'll do that, yes it seems to me also a ground strap is missing. Thanks
  23. S

I will check the fuel pressure tomorrow good ideal! Also cutting a trap door for the fuel pump and changing it out after I change the inertia switch unless it solves the problem I'm skeptical. Read a post today about someone changing the inertia switch ran of a few days and fuel pump went out...
  24. S

Used the original wiring harness and Plenum/Intake from the 01. The EGR valve came up on opposite sides and the sensors on the 02 and coil were in different places. The 02 was a 4 door 2wd and the 01 Sport 2wd. I've not found a difference doesn't mean there isn't. I had the 02 plenum mounted and...
  25. S

The 02 engine ran about 7 weeks ago. The pats lite goes out after the key is on and stays off. Called the man I bought the 01 sport from he verified the vehicle ran with the key he supplied bought several vehicles I trust him emphatically. At the inertia switch I'm getting 8.9 volts on the...
Back