Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Seat Heater Noises?

Fan noise when heated seats are on... Whenever I turn on my heated seats, I hear fan noise but it seems to be coming from the back of the explorer. It almost sounds like the fans for the rear passengers turn on and off and on and off every 5 seconds or so. Is this normal? Thank you
  2. K

iPhone issue with MFT/Sync- BT & USB

Well, I did not do anything and just dealt with the issue and somehow, all of the BT functions are working flawlessly. Not clue how that is... I did sync my iPhone to my MAC to transfer some songs over the weekend.. maybe that fixed the issue? No new updates were downloaded to the iPhone, just a...
  3. K

iPhone issue with MFT/Sync- BT & USB

I have looked at these forums and searched google for a thread that has the same issues that I am having but I have not found any. My iPhone used to work 100%... until I was upgraded to v2.8. Now the following occurs: 1) When I turn the vehicle on, MFT/Sync says that the phone is connected...
  4. K

Cabin fuse box location / access

harlenm, The picture helped me tremendously. I was looking in the wrong place and at the incorrect angle. The box is on the far left (looking as if you are driving) behind a bundle of wires and parallel to your body up against the left side of the vehicle. You don't have to get on your back...
  5. K

I heard disconnecting the battery is not a good idea.... However, since I'm on vacation and not close to a mechanic, I might have to resort to that. Any other advice/pictures on where to find the fuse box? Thanks
  6. K

So do I have to get on my back and look up to see it? I still can not find the box... can someone post a picture of the box location? My touchscreen is now black and will not turn on and I am 100+ miles away from any dealership... thanks for any help.
  7. K

Nav Update Question

Bump... Does anyone know how/if it is possible to update the nav sd card?
  8. K

I've searched these forums and google and I still can not find my fuse box. I keep seeing "below and left of steering wheel near the brake pedal"... I do not see anything except for 2 screws that that are holding a large black panel together, which goes up to the steering wheel. I would like to...
  9. K

Nav Update Question

I used the search function but I could not find an appropriate post that answers my question... how do I update the navigation maps on my SD card? I used the turn by turn for the first time and I noticed some roads are not correctly shown on the maps... thanks
  10. K

FYI - Sync site is down until Sunday..

I have the same issue as you... it actually says I have an "Update Available" (it doesn't say 2.7) on the right side of my update and customize page. When I click it, it just reloads the same page. I guess we have to wait a little longer for it to work (like the person said above).
  11. K

Sync ver 2.6?

I just got my XLT this past Saturday. I had to go back to the dealership to have it inspected on Monday and I asked about my Sync version and I was told that my 2.4 version is the most recent. I mentioned version 2.7 and they said they did not hear of any new updates past 2.4. Should I go back...
Back