Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

New Shoes for my ST

The part # is the same for either one.
  2. W

New Shoes for my ST

I bought it locally but it's available from several vendors. Google it and I'm sure you'll find a good deal.
  3. W

07 Sport Trac Exhaust Manifold Leak

Any place that QUOTED $3000 for an exhaust manifold replacement would NEVER EVER get any business from me (even if they eventually did it for $136).
  4. W

new winch mount

They're all highway miles. I used it as a DD with lots of traveling. At 95,000 I replaced it as a DD with a 2012 Focus & modified the ST as it is now. I've got too many vehicles (5) & this is the one I use the least. It really does look good - I get people stopping to take pictures of it all...
  5. W

new winch mount

I am thinking about selling my ST. It has about 97,000 miles and no issues. What do you think I should expect to get for it? V8 4X4 Leather Bed Extender Truxx BF Goodrich MT
  6. W

Help with lift and wheels

I can't wait to see it!!
  7. W

Not as loud as I thought they'd be. Conversations and radio are no problem. Your mileage will fall off due to tire size and design. If I were doing a lot of highway miles, I wouldn't choose the mud-terrains.
  8. W

There's a picture of my setup using 18 offset rims in the thread below. I did a littles trimming of the liner with my dremel. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318876
  9. W

new winch mount

The tire gate works well, but I think there is room for improvement. I've been thinking about how I might rebuild it - maybe later. I have two gas cans that I use on the Tire Gate, but leave them off because the driver's side partially blocks the rear light (one of the reasons a rebuild might...
  10. W

Coming to a stop, I feel like I am bumped from behind

I apologize for the hijack - any comments on my bumper/winch should be addressed in the thread titled "a new winch mount" which I posted this morning. Thanks! And THANKS for the tuning information. After my mods, I need a little more grunt.
  11. W

New Shoes for my ST

I posted some finished pictures on a new thread called "new winch mount".
  12. W

new winch mount

Here's a few shots of my finished front bumper & winch mount with a Warn 9000. This thing is SOLID! You can grab any part of it and shake the whole truck. It is attached to the frame high and low in the front and in front of the tire down low. I'm almost out of things to do to my ST. Maybe...
  13. W

custom tune for 2007 ST

The last post in "feel like I'm being bumped from behind" describes a tune that one of our members used. Take a look at the thread.
  14. W

ST tuners

The last post in "feel like I'm being bumped from behind" describes a tune that one of our members used. Take a look at the thread.
  15. W

THANKS! I'll check them out.
  16. W

The bumper is a custom job. I'll get it to paint tomorrow and try to post some pics when it's all finished. There are a few other pictures on the thread "New Shoes for My ST". I found only 1 source for a winch mount and I decided I wanted something a little "sturdier" so I began working with...
  17. W

I'm interested in the tune. Tell me about the differences it made. The "bump" from behind could be me!
  18. W

New Shoes for my ST

I was sitting nose high when I started, so I'm hoping for a better balance after.
  19. W

New Shoes for my ST

I'll try to take some close-ups when I finish. It has a support going back to the frame in the "grill" area and another through the opening below that. Both are attached to the frame. I am also planning a support along the trailing edge of the bumper in front of tires which goes under the...
  20. W

New Shoes for my ST

Actually I wish a moose was all I had to worry about. It's cattle and they can totally destroy a normal push bar type setup. This is HEAVY DUTY unit and will not be a thing of beauty. Hopefully the weather will hold out (cold with 100% humidity) and it can get to paint.
  21. W

New Shoes for my ST

The front bumper guard/winch mount is being welded up! I doubt that I'll get it painted before Thanksgiving, but it should be done by next week. I'll post pictures. Now...what about lights on the Yakima rack...???
  22. W

2007 Explorer Sport Trac V8 has a Knock or Tick

My money's on this one! Don't ask me how I know!! PITB
  23. W

New Shoes for my ST

Truxx lift, wheels & tires, Yakima rack, rear tire/jerry can rack. I've got a Warn 9000 winch yet to be installed & I'd like to install some lights. I get a lot of compliments wherever I go - most along the lines "I never thought about doing that but it is the best looking truck I've seen"
  24. W

Truxxx installed; ? flares

A higher center of gravity changes the handling but you should check you alignment. Larger tires also raise the center of gravity. You have to trim the fender liners with the larger tires.
  25. W

Offical: Post your ST pics

I couldn't resist taking these shots next to a Raptor:
Back