Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Buzzing Sound From Speaker

I am having the same issue. 2011 explorer, passenger side speaker and with 70k on it. Constant buzzing noise even with the radio off. Sounds like a definite grounding issue as it "follows" the rpm's of the engine. Very annoying. If anybody has any fixes, please let us know. I wish the...
  2. S

Ford Remote Start Accessory

Ordered my 5 button key fob's today. I called 4 dealerships and the 4th was a charm. They will match the price of a dealership I found on the internet (182.00) instead of the $228.00 as long as I print out the webpage. Also, the labor he said would take about 15-20 minutes and be about...
  3. S

Called dealer to get TSB's fixed.

Thanks Cory, but I am going to hold off for now. Seems like I should wait until they complete a few of them before i bring mine in. Every time i go to the dealership, it sounds like I am the only person bringing their Explorer in for this unique servicing of the TSB's. I want them to at...
  4. S

I realize that, but with the company I work for, we get constant communication about updates or upgrades that are available. TSB's come out all the time and sure you won't know all of them, but don't make me feel like I don't know what i am talking about when I tell you about it. I know this...
  5. S

Get used to knowing more about the TSB's than they do. I mean, it's getting a little bit annoying for a big time dealership to not have ever heard of these issues. The dealer didn't know about the "squeaky brakes" TSB and tried to charge me $95 for putting some grease on the bolts around the...
  6. S

headlight unlevel ???

i am having the same issue. Lately, i have been getting the "high beam" strobe at me from on-coming traffic. Last night my wife was following me in the explorer and the driver side headlight (non HID) definitely gives the indication of high beam. The passenger side light looks fine, but...
  7. S

X-Plan Pricing???

I got the X-plan, 2011 XLT 4WD, Tow Package, and all-weather floor mats, 201A MFT package, price came to just around $35,000
  8. S

Squeaky Brakes......Again 2011 Ex

after getting the car back, they told me that they replaced the rotors (instead of machining them last time) and the pads, along with a few other misc brake components. Hopefully, this will stop the squeaks for good. As for the new MFT, i like it a lot. Seems to be a lot less clutter on the...
  9. S

update.....my vehicle is in the shop and they tell me that it is normal for your car to have some sort of squeaky brakes from time to time. I told them that I didn't spend this much money for my vehicle to have squeaky brakes. They wanted to charge me $95 to put some grease or something on the...
  10. S

Squeaky Brakes......Again Hi all, We had the TSB completed for the "small movement squeaky brakes" issue (like moving up a little at a stop light) about 5 months ago. Well, now it is back and in full effect. I am taking my car in tomorrow to have quite a few things completed...
  11. S

Total Electrical shutdown

Thanks for the input... problem is the dealer won't provided a loaner... even though the ex has less than 3K miles. wow......nice dealer
  12. S

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

Was there a TSB when you took it in the first time. I took mine in about a month ago and my issues are gone. I got new pads, but they resurfaced the rotors and they switched out some bolts as well.
  13. S

Collision Repair......nervous

I got a call from the repair shop yesterday. The door, fender and other misc crap they had to take off are all off and they are fairly impressed with Fords work. I really don't know what that means, except something must look good under all that stuff. They said my car is still on schedule...
  14. S

Well everybody, i dropped the car off today at the shop and got a lovely:mad:, chevy traverse as my rental. I spoke with the manager today and told him about my concerns. He told me not to worry, as they have very qualified professionals who are probably as **** as me. That comforted me a...
  15. S

The guy had State Farm insurance, and they recommend a collision center with lift-time guarantees, so that is who we are going with. For Vroomzoomboom: they are going to blend, but to get an exact paint match, they have to take some paint from these areas. At least that is what the...
  16. S

My Explorer got hit last month by an 88 year old guy. He was pulling out of a parking space and hit our car square on the driver's side front door, towards the bottom. Luckily there were two witnesses because he pulled a hit and run, otherwise we would have had to pay for $3200 in damages...
  17. S

I got my Explorer serviced yesterday for the squeaky brakes. I told them about the TSB since they haven't had any customer complaints and they pulled it right up on their computer. After taking some measurements and sending them to Ford, they got the OK to resurface my rotors, replace the pads...
  18. S

V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com

I have 2.8 installed from the factory, but i did install the 2.11 and it said it was completed. my phone is no longer in "sync" so i had to re-do that, but when i verify on the website, it gives me an error.
  19. S

V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com

I did all of this hoping for the new screens in MFT, but everything looks the same for me as well. I thought this was the whole point of upgrading, unless i read things wrong. My email clearly states to update to the new MFT, "click here". Plus when i try and verify my installation, it...
  20. S

i made an appt for this Saturday with my local Ford Dealer since i was waiting until my next oil change. We have been dealing with these squeaky brakes for a while now, but like everyone says, it only happens when i am coming to a slow stop at a stop light, or just creeping along (like waiting...
  21. S

One year ago today

Well have fun waiting. The New Explorer is leaps and bounds better than those old 00's, 02's and 04's. Yes they were cool at the time, but that time has passed and we are glad we got out of ours. My sister has a '00 XLT and she sat in our vehicle the other day and was in love, especially with...
  22. S

Really Enjoying My 2011 Explorer

We absolutely love our new Explorer. So far the only issue i have had is the streaky, greasy windows, otherwise i can't complain.
  23. S

Explorer Oil Filters

Has anybody found this type of Oil Filter yet? I have searched high and low and get no hits on it. wal-mart, autozone and National auto don't stock them. i really like using this type of Oil filter and this is the recommended one for the 2011 explorer. Any info would be helpful.
Back