Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Front and rear camera washer.

Thanks for the help. No obvious leaks at either the front or rear spray nozzles. I'm going to try some compressed air and if that doesn't solve the problem I'll trace the rubber hose feeding those two nozzles to see if it has developed a leak. Ronn
  2. R

Front and rear camera washer.

Recently drove our new 2018 Explorer Platinum from Denver to Salt Lake. After arriving in Salt Lake I discovered the front and rear camera washer no longer sprayed fluid on the camera lens. The regular windshield washers, front and rear, work fine. We did run into some snow and rain on the trip...
  3. R

2018 Explorer Sport with Adaptive Cruise

My daughter just purchased a 2018 Expedition Limited and it has both Adaptive Cruise Control and Stop & Go. Loves the Adaptive Cruise, hates the Stop & Go.
  4. R

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Recently replaced the Hankook's at 50,000+ miles with Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus. Never had a problem with the Hankooks. Quiet, smooth riding, and responsive under all road conditions. And Colorado roads can be a challenge. I've logged almost 5,000 on the Pirelli's and they are doing...
  5. R

Touch-up paint for aluminum wheels

I went to PaintScratch.com and ordered a 2 oz bottle of Sparkle Silver M-6389 plus a 2 oz bottle of clearcoat. The paint was a perfect match for my 20" wheels. I still have over half of the 2 oz bottle and have used it numerous times.
  6. R

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

I've done this a few years ago also. Mine are still working. I went to page 84 of the owners manual and followed those instructions but also unscrewed two additional screws which allowed the headlamp assy to move a bit. Good luck
  7. R

Console Media Hub Door Latch Sticking

Ate my ID card....... Would you please be more specific on how to remove the side plastic panel. My retired military ID card is hibernating in there. Thanks........
  8. R

High Mount Brake Light

Anyone know if the high mount (third) brake light can be programed to flash, or pulsate, thru the vehicles' computer system, like you can turn on the DRL's? Or, has anyone installed one of those aftermarket devices to make it do that.
  9. R

High mount brake light

Thanks for the information. First I have to find out where to splice into the high mount brake light wiring.
  10. R

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

I too have 40,000 miles on my tires with a 50/50 ratio of highway vs city driving and tire rotation every 5,000 miles. The tires have held up very well. At my last service I asked the dealer to take a close look at them as they are three years old and I wanted an estimate of how many more miles...
  11. R

High mount brake light

I've noticed that on many of the new Explorers in my area that the high mount or third brake light pulsates. Is this something Ford has added to the newer Explorers or, are the dealers or owners installing the electronic switch that makes them pulsate? If any of you have installed this switch...
  12. R

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

When I had mine in for the MFT update last month, I asked my service advisor to have his tech turn on my DRLs using the amber parking lamps. They did it, no problem, and no charge. I had already converted these lamps to LEDs and the DRLs work and look great.
  13. R

Air intake hanging off chasis

I have had mine drop off three times. I've had the dealer reinstall it after each drop. You would think Ford could come up with a good fix for this.
  14. R

Has anyone got the Cargo Security Shade?

Sorry, mine is for the 2011 thru 2014 Explorers.
  15. R

Has anyone got the Cargo Security Shade?

I'll sell you mine for $25.00 plus shipping. Looks new, used once.
  16. R

Age of 5th Gen Explorer owners? - Poll

Currently 68, bought my first Explorer when I was 50. This 2011 is my 5th.
  17. R

Know where I can get an elbow pad?

I purchased a set of two elbow pads for my 2011 Explorer from AMAZON. Search Amazon for ELBOW FRIEND AUTOMOTIVE BLACK. They charge $19.99 plus 4.95 shipping for a set of 2. I've had mine for about two years and on long trips they are great. They attach with velcro to the door arm rest.
  18. R

For Sale 2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer Head Rests

FOR SALE Tan leather head rests removed from a 2010 Eddie Bauer Explorer. Excellent condition. $50 plus shipping from Colorado.
  19. R

Easy Fuel Filler

I have a 2011 Ltd with 33,000 miles and I recently had a problem inserting the fuel pump nozzle into the easy fuel filler fill pipe. I finally got it to open but I had to really push to get the filler pipe to open. Has anyone else had this problem?
  20. R

For Sale 2002 - 2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer splash guards

FOR SALE, splash guards, new, for 2002 thru 2005 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. Beige color. Includes hardware and instructions. Front set PN: 2L2Z16A550CAD, rear set PN: 2L2Z16A550BAD. $50.00 plus shipping from Colorado.
  21. R

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Like you, I'm still waiting. Requested mine thru a Ford customer service rep via phone, about three weeks ago.
  22. R

LED Reverse Light Upgrade

I bought both the red and the yellow LEDs and I preferred the looks of the red ones. And it's true that the red LED brake lights do get bright they don't blink so they do not cancel out the turn signal. Also, these LEDs are very bright. Should I get rear-ended because of my choice I'll let you know.
  23. R

My 2011 has the following factory installed bulbs: Rear Turn Signal - PSY19W Back-up Bulb - PS19W To replace the amber rear turn signal bulb with an LED, search Ebay or Amazon for H16 5202 9009. I installed the red ones for the turn signal and white ones for the back-up lamps. It took 5 to...
  24. R

My 2011 has the following factory installed bulbs: Rear Turn Signal - PSY19W Back-up Bulb - PS19W To replace the amber rear turn signal bulb with an LED, search Ebay or Amazon for H16 5202 9009. I installed the red ones for the turn signal and white ones for the back-up lamps. It...
  25. R

Rear window washer spray head

Thanks! My bride thanks you, I thank you and the person parked behind her at the stop light thanks you. She was at a stop light the other day and tried to wash off her back window and ended up spraying the hood and windshield of the lady behind her. Thanks again..............
Back