Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Material quality is garbage and the reason I won't be going with a 2014 Explorer

I agree with your issues on the wear marks on the drivers seat. My 2011 was traded in with 32,000 miles and it was crazy how worn the seat looked already. It's just a sign of the time with more automakers going towards cheaper grade leather, heck I don't even think they should legally be...
  2. E

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

Just yesterday I called to haggle to renew my wife's vehicle and they did $25 for 6 months, this was the third offer after I declined $99 as an initial offer and $77 as their second offer.
  3. E

My 2013 Explorer Sport Nightmare

Don't think much of being told it's not that big of a deal and just be happy it's under warranty. I had many people tell me the same thing when they ripped then entire interior out of my 13 Sport's interior with 3,000 miles on it. Did they check the computer to see if the computer even...
  4. E

My 2013 Explorer Sport Nightmare

Crystal should be along shortly to assist you, she is usually on top of this forum. EDIT: I would send Crystal a PM, she is on here as "FordService" she'll, need your VIN and current mileage as well as the name of the dealership you have the vehicle at. She should put you in touch with your...
  5. E

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

My best piece of advice to everyone in this thread still within their first year of ownership; GET A LEMON LAW ATTORNEY! Ford's corporate level customer suport does not and will not listen to you. They will flat out ignore you until you sue them.
  6. E

It's been a pleasure being a member of this site.

That trade value is beyond depressing! I'm hoping I don't take quite that big of a hit when I trade in this sport....
  7. E

Need Community Help/Advice with my Sport Issue

Update Well, just thought I would return and let all those interested know how this turned out. The case did settle a few weeks ago. Ford did not want the vehicle back, however, they did offer me a very nice cash settlement to keep the vehicle. I'm not sure how this financially made...
  8. E

2013 Sport - First Oil Change *Filter Question*

The Sport is due for it's first oil change and I'm thinking of just doing it myself. Can anyone here that did their first change on their own advise me how hard the filter was put on at the factory? I've had nightmares in the past getting the factory gorilla tightening loose and would...
  9. E

Towing with the Sport

Keep in mind when using the tow mode all it's doing is not allowing the tranny to shift into 6th and help you with downshifting for braking. That being said I regularly tow a 800lb ATV on a trailer that ways about the same and average about 18MPG at speeds ranging anywhere from 70-80. I am...
  10. E

Split Armrest Issue

My 2011 did the same thing. Ford covered it but only after the dealership took pictures of it and having it approved from someone higher up.
  11. E

No new updates thus far. Lawsuit has been filed. Lawyer says now it's just a waiting game to see how Ford is going to play. If they decide to settle quickly, probably within the next 4-5 months I should have resolution. If it does go to trial I'm probably looking at early 2014 before I...
  12. E

Transmission Cooler

Nope, no dedicated cooler. There is a duct that runs underneath that channels air to the oil and tranny. More passive than anything else. That being said I've pulled close to 4,000lbs though hills of TN with no overheating issues.
  13. E

2013 explorer sport computer meltdown

Welcome to the Sport issue crowd....
  14. E

Lemon Law

At the very least contact a lemon law lawyer. Almost all of them give a free case review. They won't take the case if they don't think they'll win. The lawyer I contacted flat out said Ford is the worst manufacturer to deal with. Ford will not take you seriously and will ignore you until you...
  15. E

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Just noticed this problem in my 13 Sport. Definetly occurs at high RPMs/Accelration. It wouldn't be so bad if the smell didn't linger for a good 2-3 minutes in the cabin!
  16. E

Another Electrical Gremlin?

Yeah, thought it might be debris as well and cleaned it up well, still lit up. Thankfully doesn't seem to be much of a draw on the battery. Sigh, another trip to the dealer....
  17. E

Another Electrical Gremlin?

Is it normal for my exterior keypad for entry to be on all the time? I noticed it about a week ago I looked in the garage and saw it lit up. Thought maybe I had activated it with motion. Well today in the middle of the day with no one near the vehicle I could see it lit up from about 30ft away...
  18. E

Is there a corporate # for Ford?

Good luck! Ford does not care about their customers, it's even more apparent at the corporate level and will they will flatly ignore you. I know this as I'm currently involved in a lawsuit against them in regards to my Explorer. I used to be a Ford man... All vehicles can and will have issues...
  19. E

2013 Owners (Sport would be nice) - Need you to check something for me....

Thanks for the help everyone! It's back at the dealer and they are working on correcting the issues.
  20. E

2013 Owners (Sport would be nice) - Need you to check something for me....

As quite a few of you know my situation with my Ex Sport, I won't go into the granular details. I'm taking the vehicle back in to have a few things fixed that weren't done right when they put the vehicle back together, pleast take a look at these pictures of mine and assist if you can...
  21. E

Thanks for the heads up! I'll call my attorney on Monday but if I'm reading it correctly, if I do have to pay for usage (in Ohio it all depends on how many criteria of the lemon law you have met.) It looks like I pay for mileage at the time of the first repair divided by 100,000 then...
  22. E

This did actually fix the problem. They don't know if it was the dash harness or the body harness that fixed the problem since they replaced both. It fixed the problem, but at a very high cost in terms of the after effects I'm dealing with now which I expected. The attorney I hired said it...
  23. E

Explorer Sport 2013 or the Durango 2014?

Yep, you're echoing the same thing my buddy that had a Grand Cherokee with the Hemi. Said they never got over 18 on the highway. Forget that!
  24. E

Ugly Carpet Seam under Driver/Passenger Seats

Hmm, this is from my 2013, so, as I thought they didn't put the carpet back in the vehicle correctl when they had it ripped apart.
Back