Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Problem With Automatic Third Row Seat

I have a 2011 Explorer 4WD LTD and last week when trying to stow the third row seat, the left hand seat would not stow or do anything other than be stuck in the seat position but with the chair back tilted forward (so it is not useful at all). No matter what button I push for this, the left...
  2. R

About to buy

I agree. If MFT is a significant reason you are buying the Explorer, think twice. I bought the first gen 2011 Explorer and MFT was a big factor in my purchase decision (saw it at 2009 CES with promise of Applink and everything else). My experience with buggy software and no Applink really...
  3. R

Iphone 4 update iOS 5.1.1

I have an iPhone 4S and have not updated to new iOS version yet. Getting album art and title on the MFT screen has always been spotty for me (I would say 50%). About the same pre big MFT update as post (but pre big update, bluetooth streaming really didn't work that often so it is probably not...
  4. R

Sturdy Build Quality

I have also been happy overall with the build quality. My 2011 Ex has run smoothly and my only issues have been MFT related and a few minor dashboard alignment and trim issues that I assume are related to it being the first model year. As for MFT, it finally works well for me (which is why I...
  5. R

What tires are they shipping on the 2013 XLT 4wd?

The sensitive issue appears to be about the quality of Michelins. It looks like both our statements may have been over the top (Michelin number one hands down, Michelin OEM save 250 gallons of fuel over others/ :eek:), but that is why we have forums like this anyway. OPINIONS on this subject...
  6. R

Wow, did not realize this would be such a sensitive topic. The emperor has no clothes indeed. ;) All the major tire manufacturers including Michelin, Goodyear, Bridgestone and yes, even Hankook, "really know tires." In fact, Hankook (along with Goodyear and Yokohama) recently won a...
  7. R

Michelin tires are all hype and marketing. Great commercials but dated materials technology. With things like tires where most of the reviews are from users with limited knowledge and sample size, you really get an Emperor's new clothes effect where perception replaces reality (e.g. Monster...
  8. R

Bad News No AppLink for (current) Explorers

Applink is available on certain Ford vehicles (generally more affordable cars than not). This would be very frustrating if true because Applink was one of the things that got me interested in the new Explorer in the first place. I first saw Applink at CES in 2009 or 2010. It was announced in...
  9. R

iPhone 4S & MFT

You can send texts using Siri. If your phone is paired with the car, just push the home button on the phone to start Siri and you will hear the voice prompts over the car speakers. It works ok (just like Siri) but I don't use it much anymore because if I can text someone using voice, I usually...
  10. R

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Starting to get an old pre-big update USB audio bug. When I get a call when playing USB audio from my iPhone 4S, the USB audio cannot be heard after the call ends (song or podcast continues to play on phone but no audio over speakers even after switching to AM and then back/ only solution is...
  11. R

Things Sure Have Slowed Down!!!!!!!

Its because MFT threads, except positive ones ;), got moved to the IVT forum. The new update is much better for me so far (I have a few bugs, but can live with them compared to before). I am withholding judgement on the new update until a month of operation as I was like 2001Explorers when I...
  12. R

Ugh... Seriously?!? Piss Poor Memory Management in New MFT

I appreciate the thought but given the negative professional reviews in the automotive, tech and consumer reporting publications and the precipitous drop in Ford's customer satisfaction numbers after MFT, I think it is more than just a few bad units. Personally, I had a ton of problems...
  13. R

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

+1. Overall, even though the upgrade gave us a more Fisher Price type UI and reduced some features, I have found this version to be more stable. I will gladly trade stability and consistent functionality with a interface that provides more info. So far, Bluetooth streaming with my iPhone 4S...
  14. R

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Thanks for the input (basically 100% positive). I am closing in on my one year anniversary so if the update fixes my many MFT problems, I will be getting PremiumCare. If not, I won't have the car long enough to make it worth it.
  15. R

MyFord Touch iPhone 4 Pictures

I don't know whose fault it is (Ford, Apple, Microsoft), but I just wish Ford would be honest and say that its MFT features are NOT compatible with one of the most popular smart phones in the market. Ford knows that MFT will appeal to this kind of consumer (techies or people willing to overpay...
  16. R

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

I got mine in the mail yesterday (2011 Explorer/ took delivery May 2011 from factory order). The Stock 2011 Explorer Forum has a thread similar to this one and it looks like people in California have either gotten them over the weekend or are getting them now. I was surprised since I have a...
  17. R

Got the mailed update today

I am in Southern California and got mine today. Since I took delivery in May 2011, I was surprised that I got the USB and nav card and not a letter telling me to go to the dealer. I'll install it once I get off homework duty hopefully tonight.
  18. R

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Is Ford's Extended Warranty Plan worth it? Does anyone have experience with Ford's extended warranty plan (PremiumCare)? My only problems so far have been with MFT but since it is a first model year car, I am considering getting the extended warranty plan but would like to know other people's...
  19. R

Will I regret this?

I am not sure whose fault it is (Apple, Ford or Microsoft), but I can get the iPhone 4S to stream bluetooth fine with a $100 Jabra bluetooth car visor speakerphone and my friend has had good success with his BMW (even has apps or app/ grrrrrrr). However, it could just be that until we get into...
  20. R

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

Taking care of their "premium" customers first. At least we know they are out there.
  21. R

Will I regret this?

If you are getting MFT and nav, I would say wait (you still have time) until reports come in on the big new update which you will get with your MY2013 car (especially since there are some early reports that the same bugs may still exist). There have been a lot of problems with MFT as evidenced...
  22. R

Couple of questions - iPhone App & Performance Update Number

While Applink was promised early on for MFT, Ford has no announced plans to add it now (as SGT1411 indicated, because it is focused on fixing bugs and improving performance). The safest bet is to assume that Applink won't be coming anytime soon (to avoid disappointment). Also, you should be...
  23. R

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

The email I got from Ford said that I should be receiving the update in the next few "weeks." My guess is that the update is done but, like most manufacturers, they announced it before their supplier had started preparing the 300,000 USB drives and x number of nav SD cards for delivery. Hence...
  24. R

Freshly Installed MyFord Touch - MFT Performance Upgrade

If it is an issue with Apple (very possible though Ford has its own issues as evidenced by host of other bugs), then Ford should not advertise compatibility with iOS devices without disclosing incompatibility issues with advertised features (official chart indicates bluetooth audio functionality...
  25. R

Freshly Installed MyFord Touch - MFT Performance Upgrade

Well, now I can stop waiting anxiously for the update in the mail. If Ford did not fix the bluetooth audio streaming issue for the most popular (ok maybe 2d most popular) smart phone, it just reinforces the opinion I had before: namely. Ford's beta test population was too limited. I don't know...
Back