Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Catalytic Converter Installation Help Please

cat bolts Hey David...sorry it took so long to reply. I was unable to handle the cat to manifold bolts. I had to resort to a friends help and his oxy-acetalene (sp?). Even then the bolts ended up breaking. However, once the bolt heads broke off, the bolt tension was released and the stud...
  2. M

Patience!!! Well...Those manifold to converter bolts sure are stubborn. I have saturated for almost a week with PB blaster then attemted to break free with 12mm impact socket and a manually 200 ft/lb mallet driven impact adapter. I also tried a breaker bar with a cheater and really felt like...
  3. M

New to the forum....almost

Good Morning!....My '99 XLT 4wd has 77,000 miles. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but they are mostly hard upstate NY winter miles. Tons of salt and lots of potholes. I have personally replaced with the help of this forum: muffler, resonator and tailpipe, all four shocks with load leveler in...
  4. M

Running Board Problem

Thanks Thanks for the info Joe Dirt...I just found a set of complete side skirts at a local salvage yard. A little fresh paint and will be good to go. ---Mink---
  5. M

I am getting ready to replace my catalytic converters. The core of my drivers side cat is broken apart and rattles terribly. While I'm at it I figure I would change both and be done with it. I know that the flange bolts from manifold to exhaust pipe flange are notoriously difficult and tough to...
  6. M

Running Board Problem

Thank you...SO, if Anyone has a set of running boards OR skirts they would like to part with, please let me know. Color is not important. Thanks. ---Mink---
  7. M

Running Board Problem

Hello All... I have a '99 XLT 4door 4wd. I am the second owner and it has had aftermarket similar to OEM running boards on for YEARS. Well the rockers and door pinch welds needed a little paintwork so I took them off. They look horrible and have cracks in places, I will not be putting them...
  8. M

New to the forum....almost

Hello All... This feels a little wierd. I have just joined, however, I have been visiting regularly to use the wealth of information and repair tips from the forum for the past few years. Now I hope to bring something back to the forum that saved me a lot of time, aggravation and cash in...
Back