Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Front U-joints??

So today I was doin some cruising through a buddys field and after I noticed some vibration from the front of the vehcile with the hubs in the locked position. I unlocked them and it still seemed it was still there. Left the vehicle for about an hour drove it and it seemed the vibration was gone...
  2. 9

How to: How to: Bleed Hydraulic Clutch Video

thanks man i will have to give this a try
  3. 9

HELP!!!Clutch system is getting air?

yes, but it has been bled then it sat for 3 days and the air seems to have made it way back in there...
  4. 9

HELP!!!Clutch system is getting air?

OK so i have recently got a new clutch put into my 92 Explorer, when the clutch was first put in the system was bled and it ran fine no slipping or anything. But now that it has sat for three days. The clutch will not let go, i cannot shift into any gears. It seem that it is getting air in the...
  5. 9

Exhaust??

ok thanks man...if i was to go straigh i think only the axle would be the problem my spare tire isnt there anyway...i might even be able to salvage the old tail pipe and just throw the cherry bomb in depends how long a cherry bomb can get to be
  6. 9

Exhaust??

haha funny you mention the flood...uh yeah i think it is slowly going down. But we still have stores and streets closed. As for the exhuast.. so if i was to put say a cherry bomb in place of the muffler would that work then just run the tail pipe...and would having bends affect sound..should...
  7. 9

Exhaust??

So my tail pipe on my explorer has fallen off...it has rusted right off after the muffler. I look up the cost to get a new tail pipe and to just put a new on on the muffler, that would be about 35 bucks...but i wouldnt mind having a louder exhaust system if i was to just take the tail pipe and...
  8. 9

Off roading clutch??

thanks man i will try that tomorrow and see if it helps
  9. 9

Off roading clutch??

yeah...ive tried differnt ways too like clutch out and in gear... its is a floor shifter too i dont know why it wont go in
  10. 9

Off roading clutch??

ok good to know...but for some reason i cannot get 4LO to engage any ideas?
  11. 9

Off roading clutch??

So when i bought my explorer the guy i bought it from said if you plan on doing anty off roading you might wanna put a heavier clutch in. I plan on doin some off roading but i dont really have the time to put a new clutch in. Do I really need to put a new clutch in or will I be able to get away...
  12. 9

Diesel oil in explorer??

Ok so i bought my explorer about a month ago and i am currently just doing some tune ups on her. I will be doing the oil change soon. But one thing the previous owner told me is that he ran 15w40 oil becuase with anything else he said it didnt run as good. What are your opinions on putting...
  13. 9

Four low, cannot get it to engage!!

no i havnt, i might be able to get it on a hoist tomorrow so i will check it out asap! thanks
  14. 9

Four low, cannot get it to engage!!

OK well first off im am new to this site. I own a 1992 Ford Explorer Sport 4X4 on 33x12.5 Goodyear Wranglers My question is that my explorer has manual locking hubs and a floor shifter to shift from 2wd to 4x4. I can get the shifter to switch into four high but when i try and pull the...
Back