Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Air conditioning-how good is it?

It seems to me the A/C system is under powered. It has not gotten real hot yet in So Cal, but my X does not blow nearly the cold air my Tahoe did. In fact my Mazda even blows colder air. Took it to the dealer when the MFT died and they checked it... According to the dealer it works fine.
  2. M

Is this vibration normal?

Cory....You can add me to the list. I previously sent you my information but can send it again if needed. This vibration is really annoying and I am fearful it may lead to something down the road. As the previous posted stated on a new vehicle I do not expect to have vibrations at 1400 miles.
  3. M

Is this vibration normal?

Vibration when first acccelerating... I think this was discussed somewhere else on this forum, but for the life of me I cannot find the thread. Is anyone else getting a vibration when they first accelerate from a dead stop? It only happens from a dead stop, if you are rolling it is fine...
  4. M

Dealer pricing

You shouldn't be working off the window sticker price, you should be workingo off the invoice price.
  5. M

Lets hear from those that use the NuShield on their MFT!

I've had mine on for a little over a week, definately less fingerprints which is great and no lag in the response. So far all is good.
  6. M

Onfair DVD install opinions... (bad)

Same situation with mine. I'm guessing any aftermarket DVD headrests are going to be the same way. The Ex is very wide at the top of the seat.
  7. M

Streaky Windows

I just noticed the streaks yesterday. Not a real big issue compared to other things that people have exprienced, but annoying none the less...
  8. M

2011 Explorer Bluetooth Noise

Let me clarify.... the incoming sound is great. It is what people on the other end are hearing. When I call my wife (she drives the EX) it sounds like she is in a wind tunnel at anything over 30mph. Windows up, Sunroof closed, AC off.... UGH....
  9. M

More power- and torque steer

I hear alot of mention of Torque steer and seeing as I am not a "car guy" can someone please explain what the discussion is about? I was coming back from the lake this past weekend and had to pass (two lane highway, lots of acceleration) alot coming home and did not feel anything different than...
  10. M

2011 Explorer Bluetooth Noise

Has anyone solved the Bluetooth issue? I have a Droid X and a Droid connected to the Bluetooth and the sound is horrible!!!! I love this Explorer and have no other issues, but it really sounds like you are in a wind tunnel....
  11. M

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Just got back from a trip to Havasu high speeds, high winds = No "A" pillar rattle.... guess I got lucky with a later build date. Keeping my fingers crossed that I do not have an issue.
  12. M

Ford should be proud

1,000 miles in on the new Ex and so far I love it!! Took it out to Havasu for the weekend and got over 20MPG ( a big step up from the Tahoe). Truck is very roomy, rides great, MFT is a little slow, but nothing I can't deal with, kids love the moonroof and their individual seats (we have...
  13. M

I can't smell anything :(

I am still smelling the "new car" scent. My previous Tahoe with Leather never had a "leather" scent to it.....
  14. M

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

The total for both headrest was $570. Used them last night with no issues.... They are a little smaller than the factory headrests, but I have never been one who uses the factory headrests when driving anyway so no biggie for me. Ill post some pics when I get a chance... Dealer's onlyl comment...
  15. M

2012 Explorer

You guys are missing out... the 2015 comes complete with a auto pilot.... all i have to do is think about where I want to go and it does the rest!!!!!
  16. M

Aftermarket wheels

I like the look of the stock 20's, just trying to find time to go have the powdercoated to make them a little different than the rest.....
  17. M

Sync My Ride

Same boat for me.... Must have been something on Syncmyride.....
  18. M

Sync turn by turn - Charges?

This is the first I have heard of this. I will be pissed if they are charging for turn by turn directions....
  19. M

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

Very nice.... I am having mine installed this evening (I am not the do it yourself kinda guy). Going out to the lake this weekend so we will have a nice 4 hour drive to test them out.... Kids cannot wait!!!!
  20. M

Dual Moon Roof, worth it?

We got it with our new X and love it. The one we test drove had it and our kids love the fact that they can look up and see the airplanes flying overhead.... Plus living in So Cal it is nice to drive with the sunroof open for some fresh air (as fresh as Southern California air can be), without...
  21. M

Too wide, left arm rest?

I traded in a Tahoe and do not notice a difference. This Explorer fits into my garage much easier than the Tahoe did, so the 10" wider really surprises me.
  22. M

What's your status?

Went to sign papers yesterday and as I am signing them...... POOF my Ex rolls up on the truck!!! Will be picking it up today after the dealer gives it some love and attention!!!
  23. M

Price protection or incentive protection??

Went and signed the papers yesterday... Dealer honored both the 1000 incentive and the 750 bonus cash, plus held the original pricing. It can be done, you just have to ask your dealer to do it.
  24. M

What's your status?

Stopped by the dealership last night and got my current vehicle appraised. Sales guy told me that I had the $750 (which I already knew) and that the $1000 rebate from when I ordered would still be good. Should be picking up the truck tonight or maybe tomorrow morning!!!!!
  25. M

What's your status?

Gandalf... I can live with Monday!!! Just need it a few days before Memorial day to get the DVD players in and the windows tinted.....
Back