Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Too Late to Order 2016?

Mine arrived at the dealer today
  2. B

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

8 weeks from order to delivery. Ordered April 12th Built June 1st Delivered June 15th. (West Coast) We'll pick it up tomorrow
  3. B

Too Late to Order 2016?

Where are you located? I'm out on the west coast between LA and SF. I had a buil date of June 1st with expected delivery of June 21.
  4. B

Order date of April 12th Build date (according to COTUS) of 6/1 Delivery still says June 23rd
  5. B

I guess I was wondering if the prototypes and the 2016's would be built at the same time
  6. B

Is it possible that a 2016 could be built the week of June 13?
  7. B

Opinions on price

I'm not sure where I see TTL??? I think that price is before taxes et. al. Try using truecar.com see what they say the true price is.
  8. B

Unless my dealer meant May 17th????? Though he said June 3 different times. On-line has a tentative delivery date of June 23rd.
  9. B

And I just got a call that our build date has been moved back to June 17th.... so who knows????
  10. B

My 2016 is scheduled for the last week of May... so if they are working on both model years, then I see it is possible the 17's would be worked on, but if not... then they really do mean the 7th of June
  11. B

Too Late to Order 2016?

It could have something to do with allotment. My dealer had one allotment left and so I got it and it was ordered super quick... without the allotment, my order would not have gone through.
  12. B

Too Late to Order 2016?

Great news is that I'll have owned it for a week and it will already be last years' model :) Maybe I'll get a discount?
  13. B

Too Late to Order 2016?

We just got our VIN (ordered last Wednesday) with a build date for the week of May 30th. Do you think it will be here by the end of June???? We'll find out!
  14. B

Too Late to Order 2016?

Just ordered a 2016 Limited today... should be pulled tomorrow... build date in a few weeks... delivery by the middle of June... We'll see if it works!!!
  15. B

Duration of 3-flash lane switch signal

I will often hit mine twice... once as a warning and then I'll do it again"for real"
  16. B

Purchase Price for a 2016 Sport after Lease Term

Keep in mind with a lease... you pay sales tax for the vehicle as you go... so If you put $10,00 down you will need to pay tax on that amount and then each $224 has it's associated sales tax with that. instead of ALL the tax upfront with a purchase... unless you live in a non sales tax state...
  17. B

18" vs 20" wheels?

Drove a Limited today... more comfortable all around... seats, driving, etc... Not sure why but all together ... spend a little more money it gets a little more comfortable
  18. B

18" vs 20" wheels?

Thanks... that's the info I was thinking I would see... We'll find out when I find a Limited to drive.
  19. B

Help

My 80 year old mom swears that Silver vehicles get in more accidents (dating back to the mid 1960's) and told me to never buy one... Fast forward 50 years... my wife has been hit 3 times in a black explorer and we are looking at trading it in for a new white or red.... there is a study that...
  20. B

18" vs 20" wheels?

So if that were the case was the Explorer designed for 18" OR 20" or are the suspensions slightly modified for the ride?
  21. B

18" vs 20" wheels?

Do you find the 20" wheels to be a smoother ride on the Limited rather than the 18" wheels on an XLT. Test drove a 2016 XLT and it was a little rougher ride compared to our 2011 Limited. Or is it a suspension thing of 2011 vs. 2016?
  22. B

Hard to Find

Ir has been extremely hard to find the Limited we want that will replace the Limited we have. The only one is 500 miles away and a $550 delivery charge to boot. Though I might be able to get dealer to split that with me. QUESTION: Why is the 2016 Build on ford.com still active if...
  23. B

Moonroof + Cargo Box

For us, this basically eliminates getting the moonroof... I guess we'll save some money!
Back