Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Offical: Post your ST pics

Couple of questions: Are those the SHO wheels? What year? If so I was under the impression the bore size was smaller on the Taurus (63mm) than on the ST (70mm). Any modifications for that fit? Did you have to use the spacer because of the width of the tire or was the rim hitting the...
  2. S

Blacking out my grill with Plasti Dip.

@boomer4d The only prep work I did was wash the grill down and dry it with a microfiber cloth. I also made sure the day didn't have high humidity. @hunt1moore The only issue is a bubble that formed on the lip where a stone had hit it before this project. Other than that it's holding up very...
  3. S

Haven't got a clue.....

The message is normal. When you turn the key before starting the engine, it detects a low voltage thus why you get the message. When you completely turn the key to the point where the engine starts, the voltage is back to normal parameters and the message turns off. If it happens while...
  4. S

Who else wants the "World" Ford Ranger...

and rename it Sport Trac. Hearing the news a while back that Ford discontinued the Sport Trac and Ranger makes me sad Those wheels are Ford OEM which look like the Adrenalin wheels. They are from the last gen Ford Ranger Wildtrak that was not very good looking. This truck...
  5. S

Pic / Info Request: 245/75r16 on stock wheels

Take some picture of your ST after you get your tires.
  6. S

There was the Ironman Edition that came with the black grill. I've see it on a black ST and it looks awesome.
  7. S

A/c problem

Wait... you're right, I was buzzing when I posted this and wasn't thinking straight. Sober now and thinking about it, soapy solution might be bad for the engine. I would use something that burns like brake cleaner. Listen for a jump in the idle's and that's where you're leak will be.
  8. S

A/c problem

Sounds like you got a vacuum leak. Mix soap and water, then use a spray bottle to spray it on your vacuum lines. Small bubbles will let you know if you got a leak.
  9. S

Can anybody guess the Tire/Wheel Size?

The wheels are probably 17's.
  10. S

Can anybody guess the Tire/Wheel Size?

I'm wondering if anybody can figure out the Tire/Wheel size on the ST below. I know the wheels at V-Tec Raptors on Nittos. I'm saving to get these wheels and a similar tire. Thanks.
  11. S

Bigger Tires + MPGs

What size did you upgrade to and what's your MPG? Me: Stock tire for 16" I got 16 city/22.5 hwy. Currently with 255/70R16 I get 14.5 city/20.3 hwy.
  12. S

Question about changing ST sound system

Upgrading your door speakers is very easy. I switched out mine two months ago. Headunit: JVC KD-R610 Amp: MTX RTP-202 (150 watt) Sub: 8" Bazooka (fits in the back seat perfectly) Door Speakers: Sony Xplōd XS-GT5727A I bought the headunit, sub, and door speakers from Crutchfield with...
  13. S

I was thinking about "dipping" the step bars this spring, I might even dip the wheels too. I've been looking for some good deals on smoked headlight housings so if you find any let me know. This will probably be a spring project. In the meantime here's some more pics. I went to the car wash...
  14. S

That's one reason why I decided to go this route. Plus cans cost $5 or so.
  15. S

I sprayed it on like spray paint.
  16. S

I've been researching for a while on how to black out my grill. The two options I found was to sand it down and paint it or buy an Ironman grill. Due to $$ I kept looking for other options. Then I found Plasti Dip, a rubberized coating. Home Depot has Plasti Dip so I decided to give it try...
  17. S

My new wheels and tires!

Looks sweet dude. I like how they stick out too.
  18. S

Wheel Noise

+1 on the brakes. Mine does that sometimes. Put some oil on the disks to stop the squeaky noise. DO NOT DO THAT!:)
  19. S

Looking at V8 sport trac.

Awesome little truck. Gas mpg is horrible and I'm waiting on the infamous cracked radiator.
  20. S

Gear Shift Stuck in Park

My ST has the same problem. Warranty is now out and there are no recalls for my VIN. When I had warranty the dealership were a bunch of dicks. I told them about the TSB and said I was lying. So I pulled a print out of my pocket and showed them. I asked if they could come out and see the...
  21. S

Thinking about buying a 2007 v6 limited

Miles too high for the price. I got my 07 ST XLT last August for $17,000 with 21,000 miles. Then again it's not the limited version.
  22. S

2007 Sport Trac is difficult to shift out of park.

My 2007 also has the same problem. I'm out of warranty and wanting to be cheap I fixed(Youtube Link for more info) it myself. Note that doing what I did to "fix" it will disable your "I need to press the brake pedal to **** out of park" feature. :D
Back