Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

fingerprint

I agree, 3 1/2 years later I would take it back.
  2. R

Are They Building Them Yet

I'm assuming you mean the 2016? Production starts 5/4 so you should start seeing them at dealers in June as long as there are no major issues with them.
  3. R

2nd Row Console

Previously, the entire console was not available to purchase from the dealer. If you wanted a new one you had to purchase all the parts separately and assemble it, which did cost over $1000. It's been available as a complete part for about a year or so now.
  4. R

2nd Row Console

Make sure you order the correct one to match your interior as there are a few different version depending on stitching.
  5. R

Interior Color On Platinum

Yep, only one color.
  6. R

Sync 3

The '16 Fusion is already out. The '17 MKZ grille will look similar to the Continental. The '16 Taurus is being unveiled in China.
  7. R

Ambient Lighting question

AKA Forward Collision Warning indicator.
  8. R

The 392AWHP and 426AWTQ Couch!

You'd think if a major magazine was doing an article on your car you'd at least power wash under the hood.
  9. R

Help asap!

A much easier way is to repair the threads on the stud with a die designed for that task. The damaged threads are pretty far up the stud so clamping force will not be affected.
  10. R

What are these connectors under the 2nd row seats?

BLIS is the blind spot detection, not inflatable seat belts. However, they are both included in the same option package.
  11. R

2016 Explorer Order Guide

Yeah but that's Canadian. That's like 25K US. :)
  12. R

Sync 3

You really think Ford would keep from selling the cash cow that is the Platinum trim because Sync 3 is not ready?
  13. R

Adding Navigation Later

So basically you still cannot add navigation after the fact? What exactly does someone get for the $500?
  14. R

2015 Sport Mileage

2K on that vehicle is about X-plan price which is not too bad. Ford employee price is about $1800 below X-plan. 2K is not a bad discount but they need to add the incentives on top of that.
  15. R

key Fob and vehical theft question.

Lighten up, Francis. Seems like a simple fix to me. Don't leave the vehicle running while unattended. If you want to leave it running for whatever reason, shut it off, get out and close the door, then remote start it with the key fob.
  16. R

2015 Sport Mileage

Sounds like you already have your mind made up on not getting this one.
  17. R

2015 Sport Mileage

Exactly! It's not like they'll drive it back in 1st gear. Plus, the people that the dealer sends to do pick-ups like this are retirees and have no interest in beating up on a car.
  18. R

Invoice Pricing?

Yes, you pick each option and it gives you the MSRP and invoice price.
  19. R

Invoice Pricing?

Go to KBB or MSN autos and price it with options. It will show you invoice pricing.
  20. R

Just wow

You lose the 3rd row seats. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419317
  21. R

Changing Wheels after placing Order

Ordering on the '15's has stopped but they are still building them until mid May. You can make certain option changes to your order up to about 2 weeks before it's built so you might still have time.
  22. R

Explorer Sport for a single guy?

Have you looked at the new 2015 Edge Sport?
  23. R

Sync 3

I was able to play with the new Sync 3 system today and I must say it is pretty slick. Changing screens is very fast and I really like the layout of the menus and buttons. Scrolling on the map is also very smooth with zero lag, just as fast as any smartphone. Looks like they learned their lesson...
Back