Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Too wide, left arm rest?

HAHA. Same here. When you're 6'4" and 230 there really is no problem. especially coming from a Saturn Vue where my legs wouldn't fit in the car very well and I had no room to do anything.
  2. D

How much gas left after the gauge says 0 miles??

You must not have a wife who likes to push it as close to 0 as possible so that you have to fill it up when you get in to drive it. hahahaha
  3. D

Brochure Coupon? How long to receive?

It is still good. Took about a week to get in.
  4. D

Can I tow 5,000 pounds?

I know i do the same thing. I was just making a joke! Terrible attempt at one but I made myself laugh and that's half the battle.
  5. D

Can I tow 5,000 pounds?

Yes you will be able to tow 5,000lbs. If your car is a FWD it has a GCWR of 9920 which means that the car plus all gear people and towing can be up to 9920 subtracting the curb weight of about 4600 lbs and boat and trailer of 5000 lbs you get about 300 lbs of gear and people you can have in the...
  6. D

Learned something new

I was in My X today with some buddies from work and was asked if the steering wheel moves towards or away from the driver like in his Tahoe.(trying to put the X down). I tried it and sure enough it worked! Im 6'4" and it sure is nice to pull the steering wheel closer to me so that I have enough...
  7. D

Anyone else have 5/22 ETA?

Yes I purchased all the warranties. If you are going to do it make you ask for money off of them. For a 6 yr 100k warranty they discounted $750 due to mark up. They will discount the others as well
  8. D

Security system

Yeah but I walk all around the vehicle and pushed on it and nothing.
  9. D

New owner with Nav question

When I'm in my driveway it shows my house two blocks down. Oah well
  10. D

New owner with Nav question

If it makes you feel better, the nav system can be off by as much as 2 to 3 blocks. My iphone is very very accurate so I'll probably end up just using it.
  11. D

Garage door opener

To program the garage door opener you have to hold down the outer two button of the three button system for 5 seconds and release. Then hold down the button that you want to program for 5 seconds. Then go to your garage door unit(actual motor in the garage) and press the learn button. The system...
  12. D

Security system

Hey all, I'm kinda worried about the new X not having a security system other than an engine disabler. I carry valuables from time to time and would like to know if anyone has had either a dealer installed security system or an aftermarket system installed, pricing and if it works well. I had...
  13. D

What's your status?

ordered 3/1 built 5/3 ETA 5/25 delivered 5/16 11 weeks to the day Best anniversary present ever!
  14. D

Push Button Start

They also say that if your key is next to an electronic device it can also cause a signal problem. Just FYI.
  15. D

MFT music playback questions

Yeah if you leave in in there it won't reindex everytime. Plus our sales guy says that in his car with MFT it indexes his phone via usb in 1 minute for 32 gbs.
  16. D

Voice Activated Nav

Haven't tried that one yet but I'm pretty positive you could speak the address.
  17. D

Voice Activated Nav

Speak it. You say destination POI and then the name of the place like Wal-Mart. Then it will bring up all the walmarts in the aread and you can choose via voice 1 2 3 4...
  18. D

My 2011 Explorer Order Cancelled By Ford Because of 2012

No typo. rear inflatable seat belts are real. They are only in the 2nd row and they have airbags in them. The added option costs $195. If added it shows up in the options section on the window sticker.
  19. D

Price protection or incentive protection??

I feel like it was. There will always be someone out there who got a better deal however, I feel like I am paying a good price for mine which is all that counts! haha. I am taking that weekend getaway you suggested sometime soon anyway!
  20. D

Rail vs. Convoy

I hope my wife is enjoying it too! Shes a bit overwhelmed with all the tech but in about 2 months she will be asking me how we ever drove without it. Hahaha.
  21. D

I received $1250 in rebates. Plus I got my X for 44500 after tax title and license msrp of 47. I felt that was a good price for me. Plus 2.79% for 6 yrs. I got a $500 rebate plus a $750 rebate which worked for me. Plus they knocked off 1500 off of the extended warraty. I walked away feeling...
  22. D

Anyone else have 5/22 ETA?

Hahaha. My wife keeps telling people she bought me a couple of golf shirts and I bought her a car for our anniversary. Easy to remember how long we've had the car later on!
  23. D

I can tell you that when I picked up my X last night, they told me that a $500 incentive I had would not be honored but then they gave me another rebate for $750. Im sure it was the brochure rebate which I didn't have but they wanted to honor since they had to take the $500 away from us. Im sure...
Back