Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

A4LD Reverse feels like E- Brake is on.

I'm have a Hard time trying to figure out Why when I shift to Reverse it feels like my e brake is on....it shift great in all gears, But Really drags in reverse...I jack up the rear,and it still hangs in reverse....I put it in neutral and the wheels spin freen...So I know its not the...
  2. L

A4LD..Trasmission Filter...Something Odd !!

Could it be possible that a 4x4 valve body was used? Could that be why the filter doesn't fit right? I haven't tried to compare them...but if someone has experience in this, I woult would sure be appreciated..
  3. L

A4LD..Trasmission Filter...Something Odd !!

Hello Folks..Somthing odd happened on a a4ld transmission filter...I just picked up another ranger with trans problem..i dropped the pan and noticed the filter was actually LOOSE at the bolt, BUT tight (like the bolt was to long), where it POPS into the VAlve body with O Rings was loose, I...
  4. L

Transmission Rebuild - Cost

Thanks Brooklynbay..worked Fantastic..While i was there i noticed my *servo* leaking.."GREAT" lol..Im guessing there are snap rings,,then remove the cover..and pull out and reinstall..?? ...Here is a Exploded view od a a4ld if anyone can use it http://www.amtrans.nl/A4LD.pdf
  5. L

UPDATE...removed the governor...The shaft/piston is tighter than skin on a Peach...I'm Glad I ordered the new 1 with the updated 35mm weight...Now to band Adjusting.
  6. L

Brooklynbay, I'm getting ready to install the governor and adjust my bands..1 Question i have, After looking at Glazier and your Sticky..i noticed the Torque at 10ft lbs...120 in lbs..Glazier says NOT to use a ft lbs torque wrench...Is there a reason?..i have a ft lbs with a in lbs setting...
  7. L

Im going to call wittransmission today and order the Gov assem today...also found a 94 Navajo auto for $200...So if all fails, fluid,filter, modulator, band adjument and governor..i may be looking to get the Navajo trans and go thru it.....Thank you for you posts and Stickys..Saved me from...
  8. L

Does the grooves 1,2 or 3 really make any diffrence..?
  9. L

Very Very Helpful..:salute:..I will post updates
  10. L

Thank you SO MUCH !!..now when you say Stalk,,im a little lost ..Also i've emailed and trans Supply co about the availabily on a new govenor..but have not received a reply..Are they still Available? im going to guess stalk is what i would call piston..i just need to find out how many grooves my...
  11. L

A4ld Reuild...88 to a 93 Hello Folks..This seems like the place i need to be..If not Please HELP me find the right area..I currently have a 93 a4ld..it needs work/rebuild..Cold shift Problem....Ive changed filter and pan fluid..iv'e also changed Vac mod..Ive ordered a Sonnax 35mm...
Back