Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

High pitched interior noise. Constant

Checked that and it's not it. I finally tracked it down. It's coming from the passenger side door speaker, even with the radio off. Some sort of weird interference. Not sure of the source yet.
  2. N

High pitched interior noise. Constant

Our 2012 Explorer just started doing this as well. As others have noted, it is present when idling and driving. It does not change pitch at all regardless of engine rpm, acceleration or slowing. It sounds very much like a fan noise. It is present with radio on or off, as well as HVAC on or off...
  3. N

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

Peter, I guess that's why they didn't reply. I PM'd the Member ID they used before. Corporate direction to get off the Forums? Too bad, they at least were trying to be helpful.
  4. N

BTW - Just for follow-up with the group: 1. I messaged the Ford of Canada Rep - Crickets - Pretty disappointing that they can't even bother to respond. 2. Before the used part arrived, I decided to take a look at it myself. 3. I unbolted the 4 bolts for the seat. 4. Unhooked the battery and...
  5. N

Ordered a used one for $65, plus tax. Going to install it myself.
  6. N

Light back on - back to the dealer for another $125 scan. Now we are told that the driver's side Seat Belt retractor has failed - back ordered out of the US. 4-5 days for it to arrive and $708 in parts and labour. Real Happy!!!
  7. N

1 hr diagnostic time, plus 2 hrs for TSB @ $109.99 = $329.97, plus $42.80 taxes = $372.87 close enough to $400 in my books. Want me to scan the invoice?? Here is a copy of what the Ford rep sent me after I pm'd them (they did not contact me): Good morning NGTD, I hear you! This must have been...
  8. N

I contacted them directly with the information, they didn't reach out to me. They didn't pass it on to anyone. I received the same crap I got from the dealer. It's a TSB - tough, no recall. That is why I am strongly suggesting that people put in a formal complaint to TC or NHTSA. Hold their...
  9. N

No I don't have the codes. They did TSB 12-5-11.
  10. N

We just recently experienced this with our 2012 Ford Explorer with 88k kms on the vehicle. The bill to complete this work was almost $400CAD. I contacted the Ford of Canada rep through a PM on this web site and they did nothing. I would urge all Canadian owners that experience this to go to...
  11. N

Dealer took care of it.
  12. N

Mine just came on at 59, 956 kms, but before I got home it is over 60k kms which is the limit of the warranty. Hopefully I can get the dealer to cover it under warranty.
  13. N

Explorer hood vibrates

Crystal, do you know if there is a TSB for this? I am in Canada. I took my 2012 to our local Ford Dealer, who sent me to their body shop. They fixed my rear hatch alignment issue, but the mgr said there was no TSB that he was aware of. My hood gets a slight flutter in the centre around 120...
  14. N

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Peter, I just updated ours today and the 3.6.2 updated loaded fine. My Ex had not been updated since June 2011. I am in Canada. DC
  15. N

Need some feedback before making a purchase

We just bought a used 2012 Explorer XLT from a Honda Dealer in the Toronto, ON area. We are quite happy with our purchase and we are hoping the 2012 treats us as well as the used 1998 Ex that we bought in 2000 and owned till 2011. I did a lot of on-line checking of Kijiji and Autotrader.ca...
  16. N

Leaving in parking lot for 15 days - best way to save battery

Since you believe that the security system you have installed will drain the battery, disconnect the security system. My wife's Golf Cabriolet sits in the garage all winter and I don't charge the battery. Spring comes and turn the key. It starts right up. To answer one of your earlier...
  17. N

Rain X on an Ex

OEM's don't recommend anything like Rain-X due to liability lawsuits. I have been using the stuff for over 20 years.
  18. N

Had a 98-moved on-but We are Back

Picked it up last week - used 2012: She got her leather, heated seats, and nav. I got my towing package and NO sunroof!
  19. N

Any 2011+ ham radio guys??

peterk9, there is a specific exclusion for HAM radio operators in the Ontario law. You do not need a hands free mic for a HAM. The exclusion is subject to renewal and it was renewed for 2013. I am a HAM operator that volunteers at Car rallies and I keep in touch with some people that stay...
  20. N

P0153 - Happy Find

One of the guys I work with is a dual citizen (US/Canada) and he is heading for Florida next week. I am sending it down to him and he is going to bring it back for me!
  21. N

P0153 - Happy Find

Yup - there is an Amazon.ca, but they don't offer car parts and Amazon.com will not ship to Canadian addresses.
  22. N

P0153 - Happy Find

Amazon won't ship to Canada.
  23. N

Class 2 hitch. Replace or modify to a class 3-4?

My 98 Explorer with a V6 SOHC and a 3.55 FD is rated to tow 4500 lbs and a 2010 is only rated for 3500? Mine does have a transmission cooler but that is seriously de-rated.
  24. N

P0153 - Happy Find

Well - only worked for a while. CEL back on and same code. I guess I am buying an O2 sensor.
  25. N

Daytime running lamps not working.

Or just pull the DRL fuse. Thats what I did and it worked fine.
Back