Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Solved Troubleshooting Transmissions

What about overdrive, my truck is a 95 with 4r55e. Today I changed the filter and fluid, and I adjusted the belt. There was no difference. There is no flashing light or check engine light. I have power at the fuse and at OD switch. Can you give me any suggestions? Thanks, Dave.
  2. D

Lowering 95 Eddie.

I've decided I want to lower me ex. It's a 95 Eddie 4wd. After reading some threads I think I'll go with blocks and TT. My question is not how, but why not? I read a few posts that say it's hard on the components on 4wd. I plan on replacing ball joints and tierod ends. Should I use stock, or...
  3. D

My list of Explorer - "How to" videos

Ha! Maybe... That foot is a little heavier than the left. But then again it's the same one I always use to stomp on the pedals! I wonder if there is an adjustment that will allow the butterfly to open, with out also letting in more fuel. Just allowing my brain to roam. Thanks again for the vids...
  4. D

My list of Explorer - "How to" videos

Hey jlsparky7, love the videos. I'm looking forward to doing the diff on my 95 EB. After watching these vids, I decided to try your zip tie throttle cable trick, and noticed a good increase in power, but a drop in mpgs (according to the in car computer). Is this normal? I'm going to remove one...
  5. D

Solved Transmission Band Adjustment Specification Chart

I have no overdrive, and was suggested to adjust the bands. I think this is very helpful info. But in this thread you list a bunch of other possible causes to OD loss but I don't know those acronyms! Could you please explain? Also there are no trouble codes. Thank you.
  6. D

Tune up time!! What's best

Ok, I checked voltage at the fuse (26), and continuity across the fuse. All good there. I then pulled the button out of the shift lever and checked voltage at the terminals. That was good too. Then I checked con. of button with the switch closed and it was good. I pulled the truck on ramps and...
  7. D

So how do I diagnose the problem? I searched the forum, butthere is so much info, I'm having a hard time finding help for my problem. Thank you.
  8. D

Ahh. That makes sense foe MAF. How does OD work? Can I check to see if it's engaging?
  9. D

The code for axle is 46, which according to a different posting on here, it is the 3:73. I hate to sound stupid, but when I count the shifts how many should there be. If it helps, it does kick down when I go to pass. I accidentally hit the button a couple of times while not thinking about it (...
  10. D

It's the 4.0 OHV. I think 3:73 4wd. I will go out and check ratio ic I need too if that doesn't sound right.
  11. D

I did seafoam, through brake booster vacuum. What is MFA and how do I clean it?
  12. D

Yeah, the low miles was sarcasm! I think I'll stick with motorcraft. Ford stuff for the ford. Thanks for the advice. Do you know anything about my overdrive problem?
  13. D

Hey peeps, I've recently purchased a '95 Eddie Bauer with a low low 240000 miles on it. I'm wanting to do some plugs and wires and am not sure if I should go with stock motorcrafts, or something more expensive. This is the first I've ever worked with the coil packs. I'd like to get better power...
  14. D

Headlight problems.

Hey mritz. Thanks for the help. I removed the LOM, and sure enough, two broken solder terminals. I took it to the local Radio Shack, and they fixed it right up. After replacing the pig-tail on left fog light, too, everything works. Not to upset about the 3500 purchase of this vehicle now!
  15. D

Headlight problems.

Sweet. Thank you. I will check that out when I get home today.
  16. D

Headlight problems.

I am having problems with my headlights. The dims don't work. I replaced the multi function switch and they worked when I tested them. The next time I turned them on they didn't work. Could there be another problem?
Back