Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

HELP! 2011 Explorer new engine?!?!

Is it true my engine going is a matter when not if?
  2. S

UPDATE So long story short the mechanic I took my car to found a broken timing chain guide and said there was no metal shavings in oil. He fixed it, still expensive $1600 due to having to remove engine again. After all of these issues and how dealership handled, lots of gray area (some of which...
  3. S

Thanks for the good advice. I just went and picked up my Explorer to take to a trusted mechanic. I know if need be he can put in an engine with higher mileage, however he is "leary" of what the dealership is saying because he said these engines are bullet proof. Hoping it is something else. I...
  4. S

I have the 2011 model, 87,000 miles :)
  5. S

Also, the price quoted for engine was $7900. Yikes! Spoke with two different mechanics who said $6400, $3500 for one with 50,000 on it.
  6. S

Sorry, I had only seen the first reply but somehow missed the others until now. The water pump is apparently in a different place starting with the 2011. The price I paid was actually $1392 which was with a "discount." They had to remove the engine to fix pump which was the reason for cost, so...
  7. S

2011 Explorer 87, 000 miles. So 4 months ago, my water pump went and I paid $1200 to fix. (Long story but back and forth to dealer because in the process they cracked oil pan, but in the end all was good and running well.) Recently engine starting to click and make spinning noise when...
  8. S

Radio no sound on AM/FM

Am/fm no sound. USB, Bluetooth, and Sirius radio all have sound
  9. S

Radio no sound on AM/FM

Hi all! Looking for help. FM radio sound not working. It's not the speakers, music sound through USB and Bluetooth etc. FM radio shows, can change stations, just no sound. thank you!
  10. S

FM Radio no sound

Yes factory
  11. S

FM Radio no sound

looked for that, couldn't find but wouldn't that mute the Sirius radio etc. also?
  12. S

FM Radio no sound

Hi all! Looking for help. FM radio sound not working. It's not the speakers, music sound through USB and Bluetooth etc. FM radio shows, can change stations, just no sound. thank you!
  13. S

Water Pump Failed

Water pump 2011 Explorer, $1600 fix...help! Looking for help/advice. Two days ago my Ford Explorer (81,000 highway miles, 5 years, great condition) started making rattling noise coming from under hood. Took today to dealer and they said its the water pump, $1600 to fix. They actually did say...
  14. S

Issues with speakers 2011 Exp

Anyone have issues such as a vibration sound coming from front speakers (seems to only be driver side) when radio (any channel FM or Sirus)? This isn't all of the time, sporadically. I've tried adjusting bass etc. doesn't help. Thanks!
  15. S

Anyone else have 5/22 ETA?

Would that price be less than the price at ford warranty.com? So confusing! How do you like your explorer?
  16. S

Another early arrival! Mine was eta 6-23 then 6-22 but arrived at the dealer today 6-18! I pick it up tomorrow. Now I just have to quickly decide if aim going to buy the extended warranty. Did any of you buy it?
  17. S

Wow! I hope my is on that same truck! Enjoy your ex...guess the pxe dust worked :)
  18. S

My eta is 5-22. I live in PA. Do they deliver on Sunday's???? Here's some pixie dust it comes early!
  19. S

Great Dealer, Great Rebates, Great Delivery

Hi! That is great! I've been trying to read about this, new to this forum...but how did you get the 750 brochure and 500 auto show discount? I tried ordering an EX brochure, but it didn't have the 750 on it. Thanks SO much for your help!
  20. S

In production?

Seni PM address Thank you for your help. I am trying to PM "seni", but when I put that in it says no user found. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Back