Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 6

Wanted Which bearings?

He's been my parts guy for 10+ years, I have never once received a knockoff or shoddy product. I'll search around more, thanks.
  2. 6

Wanted Which bearings?

Dissapointing answer: I get all my parts from a great retail spot - non-franchised, and no online sales. But he has 17 pairs of Timkens in stock for my truck at $155/pair plus Canadian taxes. He recommends the SKFs, but not because the pair is worth more, he's just an honest guy and thinks they...
  3. 6

Wanted Which bearings?

Hm. I can get a pair of Timkens for much less than $110 each, it was the SKFs that had the heavy $225 pricetag on them. Thanks for the info,
  4. 6

Wanted Which bearings?

I'm starting to lose the front bearings in my 2000 XLT. What are the best reccomendations for replacements? Are the O.E's on my truck SKF? I know they make very good bearings, and I can get a new set w/lifetime warranty for $225/each, so about $500 to get the job done. If they are the same...
  5. 6

Wanted Carpet plan

Perfect - many thanks.
  6. 6

Wanted Carpet plan

Hm. I guess that is what I should have expected. Removing the old for a trace pattern certainly came to mind, but I'm not sure how stock carpet is attached, so I didnt want to go about ripping it up if it is attached in some hurculean way - is it glued, etc? Anyone take it up before?
  7. 6

How to: Replace a thermostat on a 2000 4.0L SOHC V6

I wish mine was that easy... unfortuantely, a few months ago (for no good reason, of course), the hose connection on the top of the stat housing broke while on the highway. Coolant gone in about 1.3 seconds, and a lot of it hit the fan, so it was everywhere. Replacing the entire housing was...
  8. 6

Wanted Carpet plan

Hello: The search function did not yield the result I was looking for, so many apologies if this is information already available here. I drive a 2000 XLT, I'd like to replace the carpet in back - looking to see if the plan is available. I'm not doing the floors, just the payload...
Back