Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

navigation system on limited a real disapointment

Just went to thier web site and I see and agree with the comments, it is way off. My home was built in 2008, and although it shows the street, the house pins several houses away in the middle of the street. So it gets you close, but by no means is it right on... sort of sucks when you think...
  2. S

New member!!!

yea, vehicle junky... have the thrill is getting them.. then I get bored and dump them for the next new hot FORD LOL...
  3. S

BAD experience with Ford roadside assistance

You always have to remember, regardless the company, just takes ONE idiot to make a whole company look bad. People need to understand that, and just because of one person, you cant discount a company! Just saying.... you can always escalate before all the negative. If the tow truck driver was...
  4. S

2wd ok?

2 wheel is FWD and better than RWD on snow, so it will be ok, but a step down from AWD or 4WD. For me, if you are going to spend that kind of money, I say always hold out for what you REALLY want, or it will come back to haunt you!
  5. S

Conflicting information?

GREED GREED GREED... these are NOT that limited or special, not SVT. Any dealer playing the "these are hot" games, walk away and never visit again. These dealers forget what its like when times are slow. Not everyone today has 40-50K sitting in a drawer to spend, they should he HAPPY to sell one...
  6. S

Rustproofing / Undercoating

Guys not sure what to tell you, I lived about 15 miles north of Monroe, little further from Grand Rapid for sure, and in the past 20 years living there I never had one vehicle with rust... Heck I had a three hour daily commute to work! Drove snowy highways, hunted back woods, and still nothing...
  7. S

Ummm guys, I lived in MI for over 45 years... and had several dozen vehicles and NOT ONE had rust, with simple car washes and basic maintenance! So the few years I have lived in NV is not my life experience! If anyone has rust in the mid-west or cold weather climate in this day and age, either...
  8. S

Is buying under MSRP possible on the Explorer?

Ok, so I true car my Explorer Limited 4WD. Sticker and price on-line match at $46,335. If you look mid-page it will show you the Dealer Cost, the Factory Invoice, the Average Paid, and Sticker Price. YOU can then search for the BEST LOCAL PRICE... What I am saying is, take the doc to the...
  9. S

Vehicles are built rust inhibitors in the paint and metal process, as well designed not to trap the salts and dirt of yesteryear. I have owned a lot of vehicles and lived in the mid-west and now in the south-west, and do not see any need to any sort of rust proofing. When was the last time you...
  10. S

Need Help Locating A 2011 Explorer Limited 4WD

go build it on the Ford web site and then do a dealer search. Or, if you have a good dealer he should be able to locate one if one is out there.
  11. S

exactly... I ordered MY 08 GT500 from a dealer 200 miles from my home in MI at INVOICE at a time when they were fetching 5-10-15K OVER MSRP... it took some research and dealing.. I then bought my 10 Raptor at 300.00 over dealer cost, again at a time when they were fetching MSRP or a few K over...
  12. S

ok so dealer hold back is also listed on true car, and that is part of the dealer cost.... I have always used the dealer cost, and added a few hundred bucks... and that alwasy works... bring it in with you. Heck true car will even give you dealer names who will sell at those prices. Bottom...
  13. S

if you go on true car and build the exact car it will match the sticker and give you factory invoice and dealer cost... I have always used this and paid a few hundred more than DEALER cost, not factory invoice.. so when you guys say invoice which are you talking about?
  14. S

When will the changes for the 2012 be available?

Well having lived in MI for over 45 years, and now in NV, maybe something changed but I dont see lines at the dealers to buy cars! The last two I bought, the GT500 and the Raptor, indeed had a line and people paid over MSRP, but lots here in NV have Explorers on them. I agree if you order you...
  15. S

New member!!!

So first time poster, long time forum user! Had an 08 GT500, and just sold my 10 SVT Raptor... so been on a few forums prior. Doing some research on the 2011, and no better place than a forum to hear the good and bad. So far, seems no "real" issues with the 2011, other than the minor...
  16. S

When will the changes for the 2012 be available?

Good to hear no real changes from 2011 to 2012.. I am holding out for year end to get 0% with any luck.
Back