Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

No luck for me there. As with Peter, it tells me that I am up to date with 3.5.1.
  2. S

Gear selection questions and transmission programming observations

I think that's a safety feature so that you can accelerate quickly if needed (and don't think about shifting). If you don't push the pedal down too fast you can get it to the floor and hold it there without it downshifting.
  3. S

Trailer Hitch

Unfortunately, I didn't order mine with tow package and now I want a hitch for a bike rack too. How much did it cost to get the factory hitch installed? I assume you also had to replace the bumper cover with the one that has the removable panel -- is that correct?
  4. S

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

Well, that depends. They have been working on applink for years now... For what it's worth I have been reasonably happy with nav in my 2011. There have been some glitches, but no major problems. The nav in my 2009 has been flawless though.
  5. S

Bad News No AppLink for (current) Explorers

I think you are confusing Applink with Sync Services. I don't think there is any reason we can't have Applink in Canada. (Ignoring the very real possibility that it will never be available for our vehicles.)
  6. S

TPMS? Do I have it?

My 2011 Limited has it. (Proved by a nail in the tire.)
  7. S

Difference in Temperature #s

Yes, I've seen this too. Another fun one is when your instantaneous fuel efficiency graph shows that you are currently being more efficient than your average, however, the average goes the other way.
  8. S

Tire Pressure / Sirius Questions

I heard they are working on this. It's supposed to come out some time after AppLink. ;)
  9. S

No thumb drive

Why on earth do you want one? To erase and use for something else? I didn't get one from Ford either but I bet I can buy one with the same capacity for a couple dollars. If you already had the update done, having a USB drive with the software on it isn't going to do a thing for you.
  10. S

TPMS Pairing Method

I think I saw the instruction on how to put it in "pairing mode" on the Tire Rack website. I was planning to buy the tool from them and I think the instructions were in a manual or something there. (It was several months ago and I haven't gotten around to buying the tool yet. I had the...
  11. S

How much gas left after the gauge says 0 miles??

Well, I managed to run out of gas in my 2011 a few months ago. My 2009 will easily go 25 miles after indicating 0 to empty as would the 2002 and a Freestyle I previously owned. Never ran out in any of them. The 2011 didn't make it 10. My wife was not impressed. I won't be playing that game...
  12. S

Do I have Navigation System?

The dealer was more than a bit misleading. Unless they also gave you a cell phone, at most you got part of a navigation system.
  13. S

2011 Explorer Bluetooth Noise

That's a pretty well written explanation of the problem. It fits perfectly with my experiences. A fix would be awfully nice, but I'm not holding out much hope.
  14. S

Phone quadrant information mash up

I think it should be a rule that a statement like this always has to be prefaced by "Of course you shouldn't have to, but...". ;)
  15. S

Has anyone here transitioned from a 2006-2010 Explorer to a 2011+ Explorer?

I own a 2009 Eddie Bauer and a 2011 Limited. I pretty much agree with everything that has been said. I'll also comment that the V8 feels and sounds better than the V6 in the 2011, but that's not really any issue at all. You mentioned better off road capability with the 2010 Limited. I'm not...
  16. S

possible trans banging

I've had what you describe happen a handful of times and it's not pleasant. Last time I had it at the dealer I mentioned it and got "unable to duplicate / check TSBs; none found". I plan to point out the other TSB next time I take it in.
  17. S

Explorer MFT Upgrade - Ugh :(

Mine isn't updated either. I haven't tried the status checker yet but will sometime when I have the time.
  18. S

Explorer MFT Upgrade - Ugh :(

If this is true, it would also be nice to know if those who had to take their vehicles to a dealer to get the "Performance Upgrade" will be able to do this update via SyncMyRide or if we will have to go back to the dealer again.
  19. S

A few issues

No point whatsoever. (I think they were originally planning to have a web browser so maybe that's why it's there.) None that I know of. Again, I think this is something that was planned but never implemented. Too many problems with the basic system for them to spend time on adding features.
  20. S

Bad News No AppLink for (current) Explorers

Is it just me or does this seem like an admission that the "performance upgrade" still has some serious problems?
  21. S

My Radio Kept Playing After I left My Vehicle .... Odd...

I've had this happen a number of times on 2.4 and 2.11, but not on 3.0.2 yet. It shuts off eventually if you leave it.
  22. S

2013 Limited: Collision Warning System inoperative

The scenario that results in the warning activating most frequently for me is when the car ahead of me is turning off the road. I know they are going to soon be off the road and out of the way so I am closing on them quickly. Mine is set to the normal sensitivity. I've tired the high...
  23. S

Anyone seeing these two issues with the new version?

And your item 1 is not a change from the 2.xx software versions.
  24. S

Stupidest change in v3?

Yes, the temperature was updated regularly when it was on the center display. I really don't think there would be any significant processing requirement for that task though. And if there was, they could have come up with other solutions. For example, they could have made it only update every...
Back