Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

need help fast weird accelaration? 911

okay so i the last thing i replaced was the intake manifold gaskets. i dont think this is the issue just stating that. so my truck started doing this weird accelaration/stalling thing about 2 weeks ago and then stopped doing it and 2 days ago now its doing it to the point it is almost undrive...
  2. M

Royal Purple opinions

i run RP oil and rear diff fluid i did not notice any power increases, but i like the peace of mind knowing that i dont need to change it every 3000 miles.
  3. M

The greatest Idea for a skid plate ever

thinking about buying this * any one done it yet? *http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/foodservice/handling/cutting-boards/reversible-white-poly-cutting-board-30x30
  4. M

Axle 101 Part III : All About Gear Ratios

how do i figure out what gear ratio i have on a 1998 ford explorer sport with the 4.0 sohc EDIT: i found it haha sorry guess i should just look it up before i ask the question Thanks
  5. M

You guys suck.

where is this place i know me and a some friens would be interested in going up there adress? name that i can find on google? or directions from concord, nh would be awesome!
  6. M

light bar? procomp?

hi i am wondering if any body has gotten this pro comp light bar* to work. and how it looks. if there are any pics out there? *http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EXP-17000/
  7. M

where to get pro comp...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EXP-17000/ i think this is what you are talking about, did you find that it worked?
  8. M

New Hampshire wheelers

im in concord there are some small mud holes around here i have a 1998 ex sport ( 3" bl in mail and working for some 32's)
  9. M

starter works sometimes?

thank you again for your responses, i have a 1998 ex sport 4.0L sohc auto trans i believe its the 55e5 (or however it goes) and i went to auto zone after i got off today and they have it in stock so ill buy the starter re manufactured with a lifetime warranty for 180 including core and i would...
  10. M

starter works sometimes?

Well I looked around and didn't see any thing it's all muddy down there lol and it was fine till I went to leave school and it was one click and then it didn't start till I started beating it lol 3 mins later started and I drove away now I'm at work and hopefully it starts fine when I get out...
  11. M

starter works sometimes?

woke up yesterday drove my truck to the store spent an 2 hours there came out truck wouldn't start, battery was fine cleaned the connections on the battery still no luck towed it home (AAA free!) and it started fine, now im thinking its the cables spent some time researching the starter i have...
  12. M

fog lights are smoked

80 bucks? i bought a set of fog lights to make some external reverse lights for $20 at autozone and now that i know this ill buy another set to replace my stupid ones in the front that have mud in them and are fogged up... thanks for the info btw
  13. M

p1762 new installed tranny

i did buy it with a warranty b/c of the likeliness for it to fail just to be safe. i also looked at the link that was sent in the reply and my truck does not have any of the symptoms of that except for the code (still has 2nd gear still has 3rd gear idk about the separator plate tho) thanks for...
  14. M

p1762 new installed tranny

hello, i just bought a used transmission from a parts dealer and had it installed i noticed it not shifting quite right but i figured it was some thing that would just go away after a week but on the second day i got a check engine light and i ran the code and get a p1762 code it goes in to the...
Back