Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Towing without Tow Package

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2011_Ford_Explorer.htm
  2. D

Has anyone used a kit to recharge the A/C on their explorer

Thanks for the info... I went out and got a $50 recharge kit from Autozone and see if it fixes long term because I plan to leave for Orlando this afternoon and have to see if I'm taking the Explorer. As you said BigMoose15, only fits the one connector so no messing up on that and took a...
  3. D

Also, If you have done, in engine compartment, there are two valves but not labeled... which valve do you plug recharge kit into? Thanks
  4. D

Hi, My explorer is almost 3 years old and A/C recently having problems staying warm. I'm thinking of using A/C recharge kit because about to leave on trip and no time to take to dealer. Anyone use a kit before? Also is three years too soon for A/C to get weak? Live in Ft Lauderdale, FL...
  5. D

Updated MFT and new map and keyboard is useless!!

i see what you are saying and tried it with an example address 6734 nw 60 terrace and see to the right there is a dropdown to complete as you mention. but i tried my old childhood address (in St. pete and I am typing this in Boca)... 4328 14 way... the moment i put a space after 14 i only...
  6. D

Updated MFT and new map and keyboard is useless!!

MFT updated and keyboard wont work... I haven't been on the board in a while but I updated the MFT and got the new map and thought it should be an improvement but it's turned to be frustrating. It looks and operates ok... until you get to the nav. you try a simple function like set...
  7. D

MFT Update

Have they sent them all out cause I haven't received mine yet! Who do I have to call and tell I want my update and new map? Thx.
  8. D

Service Advisor thinks I am an idiot

considering the person before you posted the answer 3 hours earlier than you... it does seem as though you spent those 24 seconds to be a... eh forget it... i've seen your posts in the past and how 'helpful' you are. thanks for spending the 24 seconds. :D
  9. D

Service Advisor thinks I am an idiot

Havent been on the forum regulary and tried reading some threads but havent seen it... is there an official rain noise fix? TSB? if so, can you post it here? I know there is a TSB for the pillar noise. thx.
  10. D

Wind Buffeting Noise When Window Open!!!

yeah i know there is not much to do about it... just insane because i've had large volume vehicles before too. hmm... on my third row i keep those massive headrests down cause... well... i'd like to see out my rear window. i wonder if those massive headrests are that massive to reduce the...
  11. D

I have experienced this in cars before... But so subtle that it is either not memorable or at least tolerable while driving. This experience is both loud and not even tolerable on the drive and when trying to tolerate it, it felt almost painful to endure the pulsing. If it were my zx7 ninja...
  12. D

Wondering if anyone has experienced or can duplicate the worst resonance I've experienced in a vehicle... I usually don't drive with windows down but weather was cool and wanted some fresh air but i didnt want it coming at me through the front windows so... driving down a straight road at...
  13. D

Fuel Mileage?

oh and backon topic... i get a little over 400-410 miles per tank... 2/3 highway driving commuting to work.
  14. D

Fuel Mileage?

yes... magnuson moss act... you can make certain mods without voiding warranty but if they put the blame on the mod, then you might have issues. had a 97 mustang gt... had steeda install a vortech 6lb supercharger... didnt void warranty. plastic intake manifold cracked... there was a tsb on...
  15. D

Lower Air Dam Intake Duct Falls Off / Missing

subtle difference in bumpers if you have the rear hitch or not. if you have the hitch you have this bumper... can you see the hitch? ;) with no hitch... picture of the intake under right side front bumper... bumper cover off...
  16. D

It really wouldn't be easy to see.... The hitch is hidden with a cover on the lower back bumper... Removable with two twist type screws at the bottom. Next to your power lift gate button on your dashboard, is there is working TOW button next to it? I see your tag... Yous shoudnt have it...
  17. D

hmm thats interesting... front lower intake but no tow package? you sure you dont have it? maybe you dont know you have a hitch in back ;)
  18. D

Power Liftgate Question..

yes, lol, it will reverse after hitting into it. that's why i wish that you could stop it during opening with another press of the liftgate button in the vehicle or on the fob instead of just reverse course.
  19. D

Any group buys for aries step bars

someone mentioned K&N... is there a intake kit out from K&N?
  20. D

Any group buys for aries step bars

they look nice. how much weight does it add?
  21. D

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

thanks for the write up... i replaced the map light with two 5-led bulbs and much brighter and a much whiter light. i was going to go with the 9-led up front like you did but someone mentioned they are long enough to touch the clear cover and i rather it not... personal preference but i...
  22. D

I need your advice!

yeah i would go with the bulbs first. even if you bought the xlt, the HIDs were only avail on the LTD anyways i believe. the HID kits do look interesting but really havent seen how they are over longer time periods.
  23. D

I WAS feeling lucky with my Ex

Got my fans replaced last Saturday morning too. Luckily I had warning with ac blowing warm and engine was normal temp. Was done by afternoon.
  24. D

Power Liftgate

Possibly the strut sticking in cold? Maybe applying some cold resistant lube?
Back