Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

rear control arm or track arm?

no i dont go offroading.. wen the truck was up on a lift at my mechanics garage we noticed the bushing is missing from that rear control arm normally for a truck this old i wouldnt have even asked but on 77K on it so are suggesting just leave it for now?
  2. D

rear control arm or track arm?

The rear drivers side control arm on my truck needs to be replaced. The bushing is gone so the metal arm and bracket are rubbing. The problem is im not sure what the exact name of this part is. Is it called a rear cobtrol arm or a trac arm or trail arm or something else?
  3. D

Body mount bushings

2nd gen body mount bushing replacements So are the daystar replacement bushings much better than the oem ones that cost almost $1000 n dont last too long? And if so does some know the part number for it (all bushings) for the 2nd gens?
  4. D

2001 possible bad u-joint

alright i am going to have a friend of mine look at the rear driveshaft first to give me his opinion since i can have him drive the truck alil bit but after that i will proceed.
  5. D

The tires were rebalanced recently since they were unbalanced, the calipers were all serviced and anti-seize and brake lubricant were used where needed. So it is not the brakes or the rims or tires as i have also had those looked over. When the seals were replaced everything else such as the...
  6. D

I recently had a problem with a bent rim on my truck and replaced it, I have also replaced all 4 brake pads/rotors, parking brake hardware and front axle seals since i had the typical leak from the front axle. now I am still noticing a slight shaking or vibration which seems like it is probably...
  7. D

front axle seals different sizes?

thnx jus making sure so I dont end up having to drop the axle twice and buy more fluid also.
  8. D

front axle seals different sizes?

I bought what i believe to be the two front axle seals for where the solid axle meets the cv axle on the right and left side and the two seals are different sizes. Is this correct?
  9. D

squeak when put in gear and vibration at speeds of about ~35-60 mph

need replacement rim. anyone selling theirs? turns out i have a bent rim so if anyone is trying to get rid of alluminum rims for a 2000 2001 mounty or explorer which are the type below that this link will take you to...
  10. D

highway speed vibration from tires Ok so the squeak is definitely gone but now the vibrations are back they occur at highway speeds and after going this speed for long periods of time the vibrations get worse and from the rear wheels. So, it seems like once the tire heat up alot from alot of...
  11. D

the squeak and slight clunk when put in gear appears to be gone after replacing the brakes also.
  12. D

After doing the rear barke pads and discs i noticed the pad and rotor were not wearing right and the rotor was way to rusted so the pad developed a groove shape and appeared to be rubbing which explains the heat coming off that disc after a long drive. A friend of mine is a mechanic and...
  13. D

thanks. I am also going to try to get a new tire since one of them seems to already be falling apart and i just bought em this march. The face is wavy and looks like it might actually be causing the vibration.
  14. D

thanks. i planned to inspect the brake pads and everything but i havent yet because my truck sat alot so I am planning on replacing the bolts for the caliper and bracket holding thepads in place.
  15. D

My truck has 72K on it, bought 3 yrs ago with 39K. For a few months now when I shift from park to drive or to reverse it seems to get in to gear which alittle bit of a clunk and then squeak as soon as begin to let off the brake. I took a 100 mile trip this past weekend and I noticed at high...
  16. D

Seat covers

I am thinking about getting a seat cover since one of my front captain seats has a rip in it not. I take good care of my truck but I am not too concerned about how this rip looks rather I just want to try to prevent it from waering too much more. My truck only has 70k on it so buying used...
  17. D

windshield washer fluid leak on '01 5.0 Mountaineer

I filled the washer fluid just a few days ago, used it once on the rear wiper and since then it has been leaking out rapidly from the passenger's side right behind the running board. The line looks like it is behind the interior panelling and I am not sure if this is the only leak since the...
  18. D

leak on front drivers side near frame in between battery and power steering fluid

Thank you. Since i plan to replace the brake Lines I assume that I should flush the brake fluid also but I was wondering if I should replace any of the other components directly attached to the calipers?
  19. D

leak on front drivers side near frame in between battery and power steering fluid

Thank you I will do that. I think it might be from the winter when that actually gets used. I also have some questions about how much longer the brake/transmission and fuel lines will last since the under carriage of my truck is very rusted from being 12 yrs old and sitting alot. Since it has...
  20. D

Yeah it follows the frame and bends up with a cap on it. It is the only line that was wet and it seems like it might have been a slow leak or mayb overflow somehow.
  21. D

The CEL turned out to be a misfire in the #8 cylinder. This was my fault since i did not change the spark plugs or wires. so, I changed all the plugs and half the wires (tht side of the motor) and reset the computer and it fixed that problem I will finish replacing the wires but the other side...
  22. D

My 2001 mountaineer has just 69K on it and today after it seemed to be hesitating on a short drive after a long highway drive. The rpms remained constant when idling, and when i left where i went for that first trip the check engine light came on. I am not sure what the check engine light came...
  23. D

2 door rust repair panels

I have a really low mileage 2001 mountaineer and despite this it is still a 12 yr old truck now. The rear bumper and rear wheel wells have just started to rust through. I was wondering for the future what to do to fix this? I know that there are a few options such as cutting out the area once...
  24. D

gas pedal stuck for a few seconds

What should I use to clean the throttle body?
  25. D

gas pedal stuck for a few seconds

I have a '01 mountaineer 5.0 and the other day after the truck sat for about 5 days I drove it and when i gave it a little more throttle the pedal got stuck so i put the truck in neutral and about a second later the pedal released. Is this jus a fluke from the engine being cold and wet?
Back