Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

How to: 4.0 Harmonic Balancer - know when it's going bad & how to fix

crankshaft pulley I looked at the water pump pulley, and it really looks fine. I dont think that is the issue. Fan clutch looks fine. I see some cracking or dry rot on the rubber between the harmonic balancer and the crankshaft pulley - so still think that is the issue. Anyone know if it...
  2. C

water pump when i had the belt off i turned the waterpump and it seemed smooth? You think it might be the water pump? or just the pulley? it looks fine, and the belt is new. maybe i didnt look at the pulley that close. i'll pull the belt back off and take a look. if that is the issue would...
  3. C

Removing the balancer crankshaft pulley 2002 Explorer with 4.0L ~105kmiles. Chirping noise, or belt squeek that is driving me crazy. Replaced all the idler pulley and tensioner pulley… replaced the alternator. Noise goes away when I run the truck without a belt. After some research… I...
  4. C

5R55W Solenoid Block Replacement

I have an 02 explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0l with rear wheel drive. I’ve had it since new and have really babied the thing. It just turned 100k miles, and they are all easy highway miles, no towing or anything. About a month ago my abs light started flashing and in the end it cost me $2k to have...
Back