Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Driver Sun visor shorted out not covered by ESP

Had my Ex for a little over a year and my driver side visor has shorted out. Took it to the dealer and they want $400 to fix. It is not covered under extended warranty. WTF! Anyone else had there's short out?
  2. 1

Center console access

They literally just pop off. I used a butter knife to run DVD player wires.
  3. 1

Opening the center console?

Check out the Headrest DVD installation discussion forum. There are instructions there on how to open it with pictures.
  4. 1

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

2011 Ford Explorer Dealer Headrest Installing Instructions By popular demand here are the instructions for installing the Factory DVD headrest. I tried to post them on this forum, but it looks like we are restricted to file type and size. So here is the link.
  5. 1

So I got the instructions on how to install the OEM DVD headrest from the dealer yesterday. But I can not attach the PDF to a post. Bummer:thumbdwn: BTW there are No connections in the seat. The instructions state to use a jumper harness connected to the OE connector near fuse box...
  6. 1

MFT 2.7 to 2.8

I don't think that is a good analogy. From my understanding 2.8 is suppose to fix or improve something broken in 2.7. So a better analogy would be going from Windows 95 to Windows 98 or iOS 4.2 to iOS 4.3. I would like to know what was fixed or added in 2.8 that wasn't available in 2.7...
  7. 1

MFT 2.7 to 2.8

I know. But all are going from an older version of MFT. (i.e. 2.4 to 2.8) I am curious on how different the experience is going from 2.7 to 2.8.
  8. 1

MFT 2.7 to 2.8

Has anyone update from 2.7 to 2.8? I am scheduled to update mine tomorrow and was wondering what the improvements were since ford does not offer release notes. I am hopping some of the issues below are resolved. I know a lot of these have workarounds or is a restriction of my phone, but I am...
  9. 1

OK. So I am getting ready to install my headrest this weekend and decided to check. There are 2 sets of wires in the seat and both seem to be attached to something. Skinny ones on the left and thick ones on the right. It looks like they might be for the heated seats though. I will see if I...
  10. 1

Almost, picked up our car yesterday, please help

This is usually a scare tactic. Put a thousand miles on the X and bring it back. They will quickly honor the origianl offer because the value of the truck will drop significantly after that. I traded a Murano with a blown head gasket and they gave me $5K for it. After 2 days they called me...
  11. 1

What type of gas milage has everyone been getting on 2011 Explorers???

I am averaging 18.7 mpg after 1200 miles on my limited FWD.
  12. 1

Would love to see any pics of the final results? (i.e. Wires under driver seat, Headrests themselves)
  13. 1

I am suppose to receive units today via FedEx and will attempt to install them later this week. I did some testing this past weekend and noticed there wasn't a fuse box inside the vehicle by the drivers feet. (Is this correct? Or am I missing something?) So I maybe going back to my original plan...
  14. 1

MFT 2.8 dare I say? ... Rocks!

Found this on Syncmyride. Looks like they went super cheap. Processor, Memory, and Storage Freescale i.MX51 SOC Core CPU: ARM Cortex A8 @ 600 mHz 2D/3D graphics controller 512MB RAM 2GB NAND flash memory
  15. 1

Does anyone know what the Hardware Specs for MFT is? (i.e. Processor Type/Speed, RAM, Hard Drive Size, Screen Resolution, Grpahics card, etc) Also can it be upgraded with aftermarket hardware? To bad no one has done a tear down of it yet like they do with iPhones and other tech products...
  16. 1

So I contacted the Dealer closest to my house to see if I could get an update from MFT v2.7 to MFT v2.8 and they quoted $45 to update the system because I did not purchase my EX from them. The service dept guy states "Only the dealer you purchase your vehical from will not charge you." So now I...
  17. 1

I am not sure if you know this or not but were there any phone intergration fixes in the v2.8 release? (i.e. iPhone 4 Contact Pics, Album art, and Text to Voice issue)
  18. 1

Phone contact photos showing up on MFT?

Does anyone know if the iPhone 4 Contact Pics, Album art, and Text to Voice issue was corrected in MFT 2.8? I picked my X up last week with MFT V2.7 and it the issue is still there.
  19. 1

I only took the center console sides off to see if I could route wires through it. They come off pretty easy. I did not try to take it out completely mainly because I am still awaiting the arrival of the headsets. I will see if my plan works once they come in this weekend. I was planning to...
  20. 1

I just order a set of 9" Headrest DVDs from Onfair.com. Total price $245 for the pair which includes 2 headrest DVDs, 2 Wireless headset, 2 remotes/controllers, and 2 gaming controllers. The set also includes over 30 games to keep kids entertained. Here is the link...
Back