Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

anyone's E-brake suck as much as mine does/

I have 4 wheel disc brakes on my '04 as well. I was a little surprised the first time I pulled the rotor off and discovered a set of brake shoes behind it. The rear rotors are actually drums, too, for the parking brake. Apparently this is a common thing. They do have to be adjusted manually, but...
  2. S

2004 Explorer "always coasts"...

Well, the transmission is almost out. I removed a crossmember, the exhaust, some heat shields and other guards, the support for the transfer case, and the starter, disconnected the front and rear driveshafts, the shift cable, all the electrical connectors (I think), and undid all the...
  3. S

Consumer Reports slams the Explorer!

The Suzuki Samurai I think in the past it has been the other way around. They basically "shut down" the sales of the Suzuki Samurai in 1988. I have one and I love it. These videos show how they lied about it and it would actually be hilarious if they hadn't hurt the sales of the Samurai so...
  4. S

So everyone think more than likely I'm gonna be pulling the transmission? There was some metal in the pan stuck to the magnet as well. So far I've taken out the filter, the solenoid pack, and the low/reverse servo (I think its called), and nothing looks broken. I guess the only thing left on...
  5. S

2004 4x4 with OD off light blinking... and other problems.

First off, I'm not sure if this is against the rules (or at least the unspoken rules) so I'm sorry if it is, but I'm going to post a link to my thread here. I don't know if maybe I put it in the wrong place or what but it seems like no one is seeing it. (Maybe just no one wants to answer...)...
  6. S

Clicking from R rear, where to start?

Our '04 has been doing this same thing for about 4 or 5 months now. Only difference is I can hear it at any speed, not just in the parking lot... I wonder if that means it might be the CV joint instead of the parking brake? (for me)
  7. S

Overdrive Dash Light

Solenoid pack is in the transmission and you can take it to most any of the auto parts stores and they will check the codes for free. They might not want to do it if you don't have a check engine or service engine soon light on but tell them to do it anyway, haha.
  8. S

Transmission Solenoid replacement??

Just curious, how does the solenoid package going bad contaminate the fluid in the torque converter? Contaminate it with metal? Just wondering... I may have this problem.
  9. S

O.K. So the SES light returned so I checked the codes again today and got- P0765 "Shift Solenoid D" P0775 "Pressure Control Solenoid B" So, I decided to go ahead and drain the fluid and drop the pan to see what I see... This came out of the filter- Anybody have any idea where it...
  10. S

O.k. My dad has a code reader that I tried but it wasn't able to give me anything. I'm planning on going to autozone to see if they can get any codes this afternoon. *UPDATE* Went to autozone but the guy there wouldn't come outside and check the codes because according to him if there's no...
  11. S

Hi all, first post, saw a lot of info here so I figured I'd give it a try... The easiest way to describe the symptom I am getting is that the explorer seems to "coast" anytime I let off the gas. When the shifter is in 1, 2, or 3, when you let off the gas engine braking should take place, but...
Back