Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

06-07 V8 Spark Plug Issue - Change Them Early?

How did you get that first broken plug out? I did the plug/coil job on Monday...80k miles on the clock...My first one did the same thing...only the hex ring came out. I used a long screwdriver to break the top portion off. I placed the tip of the screwdriver along the top edge of the plug...
  2. F

06 XLT sluggish, vibrates, stutters

My 06 started doing that stuff...even set off the check engine light a couple times...I just changed the spark plugs and coils and it runs like new. I was getting a cylinder four misfire. If I had to guess, I think the new coil is what fixed my problem. I've read posts of others having the...
  3. F

shift knob light

The replacement bulb is #74 from NAPA...it cost around $1.50.
  4. F

What feeds the sub?

I have an 06 Limited...I purchased the PAC audio C2R-FRD1 adapter harness. Its around $90...but well worth it. This harness plugs into the 3 plugs that come out of the OEM radio. This harness supplies a wire carrying a 5v regulated signal for enabling the amp/sub. You just wire the...
  5. F

Double Din Stereo replacment

The factory sub uses 5 volts. A wire harness adapter, like the one previously mentioned (PAC C2R-FRD1), comes with the amp turn on wires voltage already regulated to 5 volts....so if you go that route, don't wire in a voltage regulator. If you don't use a harness that drops the voltage, you can...
  6. F

Spark Plug Diagram?

8765 4321 Front of vehicle---->
  7. F

Solved 1998 - 2002 Ford Explorer Stereo Wiring Diagrams ARE HERE!!!!!

I sent a pin out diagram, of the power antenna module, to your PM inbox. Maybe that could help get you the answers you are looking for? :dunno:
  8. F

Just Ordered New Pioneer Stereo!

Good choice in radios. I really like the pioneer radios. I had purchased an AVH-P6800DVD last year at this time...then I upgraded to the AVH-P4300DVD about a month ago. However, I didn't like the bluetooth adapter (CD-BTB200) needed for these units. It recognized my phone as a NEW phone every...
  9. F

My photos/schematics/diagrams still available.

I sent you a PM with the connector pin outs and some other info...one of the other connectors is for your subwoofer/amp. You would need an adapter like Metra 70-5517 to retain your factory sub.....but you'll most likely need to put a 5 volt regulator in line with the Blue/White amp turn on wire...
  10. F

Reverse/Rear view camera

I was flip flopping between wiring my camera to turn on only when the car was put into reverse, or to wire in a switch so that I could control when the camera came on. This was because my head unit (Pioneer AVH-P440BH) allowed me to view the reverse camera without the car being in reverse...
  11. F

The dome light stays on in my 1995 Aerostar.

I had a 98 Taurus that did the same thing. The fix was to spray WD-40 directly into the latch on the door...being very generous. Open and close door a few times...and repeat once or twice more. From what I was told, dirt and grime had built up over time on the sensor or whatever tells the light...
  12. F

Electrical issues(frustrated)

This is a snapshot, of a page, out of your owners manual. It shows "Delayed accessory, Power windows, Audio" sharing Fuse/Relay location #6 in the Power Distribution box (under the hood). Perhaps that is your issue? :dunno:
  13. F

Already have aftermarket stereo installed, can it be switched out?

It wouldn't be plug and play. You would have to get the new head units wire harness attached to either a wire harness adapter or straight to the car's stereo harness or harnesses. When somebody removes the factory stereo and puts in an Aftermarket Head Unit (AHU), they have 2 choices on how...
  14. F

electrical issue with front map light

I sent you the wire diagrams and connector pin-out...check your inbox.
  15. F

Wanted Engine bolt Torques

I sent you them to your inbox...check there.
  16. F

03 Sport Trac Gear Shift Indicator

Here is a screen shot from www.fordparts.com ...from a search of a 2003 Sport Trac ...perhaps the number you are looking for is of one of those items?
  17. F

rear cigarette lighter

ANKAKA, Try Fuse 24 in the passenger compartment fuse box first.
  18. F

rear cigarette lighter

No problem...I can't believe Ford failed so badly in their attempt to help you.
  19. F

rear cigarette lighter

In my 2006 owners manual, it says Fuse 21 in the Power distribution box under the hood. Its called the 'rear power point'.
  20. F

Replacing rear blinker bulb in 2005 Explorer?

Replacing tail/brake/turn/backup lamp bulbs 1. Turn the headlamp switch to OFF and open the liftgate. 2. Remove the two screws from the lamp assembly. 3. Remove the lamp assembly. 4. Rotate the bulb socket counterclockwise and remove it from the lamp assembly. 5. Pull the bulb straight...
  21. F

Intake torque specs

The repair info I have says: Lower Intake Manifold bolts- 10 ft. lbs. (13 Nm) Upper Intake Manifold bolts- 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm)
  22. F

Speaker Diagram

I see diagrams for "AM/FM W/ Cassette" "Premium Sound" "LUX" "LUX/JBL". Which do you have?...or what are some of the colors you are seeing?
  23. F

Aftermarket HU - Stock Sub Question

If you're Pioneer has a blue/white wire coming out of it, than use that wire, that usually is the amp turn-on wire.
  24. F

Set button on drivers door panel???

I have memory seats for sure...that's the 3 buttons on the lower center portion of the instrument panel shown in the picture (SET, 1, 2). Its the instruction for 'deactivating' it that has got me stumped. I don't see anywhere on the drivers door panel that says 'SET' on it.
  25. F

Set button on drivers door panel???

Can anyone tell me where the 'SET Control' on the 'Drivers Door Panel' is located, as seen in this snip from my 2006 Owners Manual? I can easily find the 'SET control on the lower center portion of the instrument panel'. The only buttons on my drivers door panel, are the window buttons for...
Back