Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

1350 tcase Ujoint

I have a 1350 manual transfer case from an 88 bronco2 in my 2002 Explorer Sport and currently going through the case. It has a Ujoint inside the case for the front output and I’m needing to replace it. Now where in the heck do I find one of these ujoints??? Having zero luck so far! Any help...
  2. B

SOLD 2007 Sport Trac for sale

Very nice Sport Trac, 4.0, 2wd, 155,000 miles. Bought this recently with a bad engine and replaced it with one from a 2003 Explorer with 150,000 miles. Runs and drives excellent! Tires are very good and are 16" off the 2003 Explorer. I would like to keep it, but I just can't afford to right now...
  3. B

Dirt Every Day

I'm not sure where to post this but... Dirt Every Day is now on Netflix and if you check out the fifth episode you'll see Brian and his Ex doing a trail run with an old jeep!! Also appeared in other episodes! For those of you that didn't know.
  4. B

02 4.6 V8 4x4 Limited

Selling another one. Just had the transmission completely rebuilt, 177,000 miles, runs perfect, new tires, leather seats no tears, no issues whatsoever! I'm looking for $4000
  5. B

98 5.0 trans in a 97

Like the title says, I basically have a 97 5.0 awd explorer with a 98 transmission in it. I have rewired the the trans plug for the 98 but it won't shift out of first gear. I've traced all the wiring to the pcm and all is good. I see the 97 has two additional power wires in going to the trans, I...
  6. B

Something New

We'll call it... SubarEx? Started a new project for my boss, since he's supposedly coming to Moab this year with us. Can anyone figure out what it is??? Will post progress as it continues as soon as someone figures it out! Really pretty easy if you're observant! The guys at Bandit Customs...
  7. B

96 4.0 ohv 4X4 $2500

It's my daily driver, just bought a 98 4.0 OHC that I'm replacing it with. Everything works on this one. 2" body lift twisted and shackles extended for another "1.5. Run "33s when off-roading, but will be selling with 31 inch mud tires that are in excellent shape. Winch and cb do not go with it...
  8. B

Axle disconnect

I'm wanting to lock the front diff on my ex and I'm wondering if anyone has had problems breaking parts in the axle disconnect with the added stress, breaking the collar that locks the axle or what not. My plan is to weld the gears, since it has a working axle disconnect I can still drive on the...
  9. B

Ram front axle?

Thinking about changing my axles for 2000ish Ram axles. Thinking that having the axle disconnect on the front I can just weld up the front diff without having to buy a locker. Will the axle disconnect hold up? Want something bigger than the dana 30 I have now, and I can get these Ram axles from...
  10. B

Bridgeport north of Ft Worth?

Any body been out here? Looks like the closest place to go for me. Anybody wanna check it out? Looking to test my freshly done sas. Looks like they are open every weekend during the day.
  11. B

Birdy's baby

2'nd year elite now, love this site a LOT! I'm a mechanic in Euless, Texas, and still haven't met any Explorer fanatics around here. Had my baby for around 4 years now and love it more and more allthe time! Started out bone stock sohc 4.0 4x4, then after a year driving it every day, I decided to...
  12. B

Looking for a locker

Trying this in a different spot hoping for more traffic. I'm looking for an Aussie Locker XD-13535 for the front dif on a 2nd gen ex, dana 35. I have seen people saying that this one fits. Problem is that I have searched the web and cannot for the life of me figure out where to get one! When I...
  13. B

Where do I buy one?

I've been searching for an Aussie Locker XD-13535 online and connot find where to buy one. I went to the aussie website and the part # wasn't found. If some one could tell me where to get one, I'd appreciate it. I would be interested in used also, if any body has one to sell.
  14. B

My '96 Expo

Originally a 4.0 SOHC, over reved it in a water hole that was up to the windows, (almost made it out) put the body onto a '96 5.0 AWD and made some 2.5'' lift blocks at the same time, 31'' muds for now, just installed the beefy 5.0 with the torque monster headers, got 25 miles on it now. Next is...
  15. B

which 4406?

New here, and can't seem to figure out which 4406 t-case has the electric shift and the speed sensor in the tail. Does this combo exist? Any help would be much appreciated. I have a long list of to-do's and this is next in line.
Back