Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

you need one of these...

I carry flashlight in my truck so i can just look at the fuse and see if its blown, that's why they are transparent. regardless of how cheap this tool may be, it is unnecessary.
  2. 9

Will a engine fit in rear?

Weighs about 450 dry.
  3. 9

DOT 3700 new Goodyear Wrangler RT/S safe to use?

If that is the original spare from 1996 (you info says '96) then she probably should not use it at all. It is way past its safe useful life. The face that its never been used means nothing. I was driving from florida to new york last year and had a blow out, put my "new" never used spare on the...
  4. 9

Heavy duty tranny or clutch

ive had 4 sticks and all have been on the original clutch and throw out bearing with over 160,000miles. did you replace the clutch 45,000 miles ago?
  5. 9

Blacked out bumpers...thoughts? (pics)

I third that motion.:thumbsup:
  6. 9

what is this?

automatic ac i did see and i dont. i got the regular do it yourself ac.
  7. 9

what is this?

there is a small vent on the dash of my truck between the passenger airbag and the radio bezel. nothing comes out of it, but my curiosity is starting to get the best of me.
  8. 9

Need help identifying this hose

I dont know what its called, but it connects to the small metal pipe that comes off the bottom of the throttle body.
  9. 9

Need help with installation.

and for the record, that was my first full install, looks very clean and no damage was done to the vehicle. i have installed amps and subs in 7 different vehicles and had no major issues in any of the jobs so far. i am far from a pro (im a truck driver) but car audio is a hobby of mine. your...
  10. 9

Need help with installation.

when i did the install in my Ex i wish i would have been able to do it during the day so i could ahve done a good write up with pics. but i hope this helps. i ran the power and blue remote wire down the drivers side under the trim panels under the doors. and ran the rca cables down the...
  11. 9

remote satart with factory keeless entry?

I looked and couldnt find the answer here, so ill ask. I have a '95 xlt with factory keyless entry and anti theft. I want to add remote start but i dont want to loose the keyless entry and i dont really want to be forced to carry 2 FOBs. any ideas? thanks for any advice you can offer.
  12. 9

amp / sub

factory sub and amp... ...is a factory option. not all Explorers have them. Im not sure where the amps are located but as far as the subs, one place i know about is the little cubbie space on the passenger side in the cargo area.
  13. 9

odometer wtf?

ok, i await your findings
  14. 9

odometer wtf?

cool, thanks for the info. i hate not being able to check the mpg, this will be something ill be doing in the next few weeks
  15. 9

odometer wtf?

but how..... my big question is how is it working now? it has been running solid and true all week now. is ticked off the last 250 miles accurately and reliably. Where did you get the replacement gear, a bone yard? what is a reasonable price? thanks for the info, its the only thing on my EX...
  16. 9

odometer wtf?

i have had my Ex for just about a year now. other than a water pump, thermostat, plugs, wires, belt, and tensioner Ive had no problems. my odometer and trip meter have not worked right since i got it. i would burn thru 3 or 4 tanks of gas and they would only go up 150 miles or so. knowing my...
  17. 9

Can I do this?

dont see why not but... ... im no expert but from what ive dug up it can be done. make sure you leave play room in all lines and wires. and as far as how high will it be sitting, it will go 4.75in front and 4.25in rear. and yes as far as i have found out you should be able to clear 33's
  18. 9

just received some subs and amp...question

That is what i meant, and i agree drivers can blow mechanically, everything wears out at some point. no argument there. i used the term dirty power as kinda a layman's term, not wanting to lose anyone with technical terms. :p:
  19. 9

just received some subs and amp...question

Clean power Its ALL about clean power. everybody talks about watts, watts, watts. Having more watts does NOT mean more power and better sound. The only thing a wattage rating on a driver is is the amount of heat it can dissipate. If you are delivering clean power to the drivers, you don't...
  20. 9

New here and have a question

flip happy Its not the truck that's so flip happy, its the morons driving them. :roll: You cannot expect a 4x4 suv to handle like a sports car. I recently while on a 1300 mile trip had not one but 2 blow outs. I had no problems safely handling the truck and pulling to the shoulder and had no...
  21. 9

Help! Rounded spark plug!

It seems like it could work. You must make sure you do not leave and pieces parts in the cylinder or you may have bigger problem down the road. It is something I would try.
  22. 9

fan clutch nut??

I already took it back, it went back that day. but i also had to eat the core charge on the pump, like i said i had to drill, cut, and smash the old pump to save the pulley, fan, and clutch.
  23. 9

fan clutch nut??

I had to change the water pump in my 95 xlt a few weeks age and due to the frustration and required technique its taken me this long to post this question. I needed that special wrench set that is supposedly needed to remove the fan clutch. (had to buy it couldn't rent it. $56) When i got it...
Back