Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Windshield washer resivour leak

Sealer ended up leaking....put in a new pump from Auto Zone. $18 and works much better!
  2. B

Thanks for all the replys guys. I ended up getting gasket sealer paste, putting it all around the part that goes into the resivour, and it worsk great! Thanks again!
  3. B

Hose to the sprayers, yes. But it isn't as simple as a hose, nipple, and clamp. There is an assembly that is inserted into the resivour, and until I can secure that assembly into the resivour, it'll keep leaking.
  4. B

The leak seems to come from the rear of the resivour where the line itself goes into the resivour. It seems like if I put an O ring inside the resivour around the line, it should stop the leak. Anyone else have the same issue? 99 Explorer XLT
  5. B

O/D Light Flashing

My 99 XLT just started flashing the o/d off today too.....just as the first snow of the season was starting to fall......great.....thanks for the info on this!
  6. B

Intermittent starting problem 99 XLT

The engine would turn over but not start until I pumped the gas, would be a better way of saying it I guess. I talked with a friend of mine about his 98 Explorer, he had a similar issue which turned out to be a fuel pressure regulator. By no means am I an expert on this stuff, but appreciate...
  7. B

Happened yesterday after sitting for 7 hours after a 8 mile drive.... Starter engaged fine, but I ended up having to pump the gas pedal quite a bit to get it to turn over. One it was running, I has to nurse the gas just to keep it running. It has started about 6 times since then with no...
  8. B

Happened yesterday after sitting for 7 hours after a 8 mile drive.... Starter engaged fine, but I ended up having to pump the gas pedal quite a bit to get it to turn over. One it was running, I has to nurse the gas just to keep it running. It has started about 6 times since then with no...
Back