Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

Umm, get the OEM if that is your criteria. You do know you can put movies on iPads, right. I have the autotains, and while I am happy with them, I did a mod to move them forward and without that mod, they are nowhere near where the OEM's sit.
  2. G

GPS Connection Delays

I'm not up around sunrise. :) Trust me, that is not the issue. Perhaps, though, it could explain why MFT takes 15 minutes instead of 10 minutes some days.
  3. G

GPS Connection Delays

This is a bunch of malarky. I can have my explorer and lexus in the garage, pull them out at the same time, and 30 seconds later the lexus will have GPS lock whereas the Explorer will take 10 minutes or more. I took my explorer to the dealer, they replaced the GPS receiver and kept the car...
  4. G

GPS Connection Delays

Rebecca, my Explorer is also taking and extremely long time to get GPS signal, sometimes as long as 20 minutes (though, eventually it will and keep it). Are you saying there is an MFT version above the one that came with the new SD card? Can I get this from the sync website or do I need to go...
  5. G

Google maps to sync

Hot Dog! Awesome -- works great too. Not the cleanest, as it requries a couple steps, but works good and kicks A$$ compared to the sync app.
  6. G

DVD Headrest and other options questions

Does anybody else keep seeing the word "pizza" in this thread? Is this an April Fool's thing?
  7. G

2nd Row Bucket Seats with Console Issue

Looks pretty good -- here is the part for the plastic cover - 5F9Z 7404752 AAC
  8. G

It's in the thread I posted above -- I ordered the Husky mats (which I highly recommend anyway, especially since you have kids). The mat will cover 95% of the hole, but to cover the entire hole. But, to make full coverage I cut up the rear passenger mat to match the size of the hole. My mat...
  9. G

I appreciate that you edited your post, as I'm just trying to help you out. So, do they still have the vehicle, or do you? I guess that's what I don't understand. You say it was unacceptable, but I sense that you accepted the vehicle. I think you have the best of both worlds and if you can...
  10. G

I have to admit, I am a little confused here. You said the dealer has your truck, so I assume you custom ordered it -- if you don't want the console ever, why order it with a console? If its not a custom order, have your dealer locate you a vehicle to the specs you want, or have them custom...
  11. G

It's unfortunate that your dealer didn't know, but I'm not surprised. This issue has been thoroughly discussed on these forums: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365873
  12. G

I'm very happy with the dream units, but unless you make a modification, they will sit way too far back. This is because of the way the Explorer is designed, the headrest polls are very far back in the seats and angled away from the occupant's head. I posted above a picture of my first...
  13. G

3rd Row Power Button cover / disable switch needed

If you can convince him to fabricate more, I bet there are some willing buyers here on this forum.
  14. G

Sorry to hear that. I've been devising a method to get the headrests to sit in a better position. I'm still tinkering with it, but I came up with a pretty good solution using some hardware parts from home depot. Threaded rod in the lamp section is the exact same size as the posts going into...
  15. G

I installed the unit on the drivers side, but don't have any pictures at the moment. I really like it, and think it is a great bargain. That said, as others have cautioned, because the way the explorer is designed, the headrest probably sits 3-4 inches back of where the normal headrest sits...
  16. G

Warning if you Remove the 2nd Row Console!

I removed the console last weekend. The Husky mats cover most of the hole in the carpet, but not the entire hole. So, I cut the floor mat that came with the car to the size of the hole to fill the gap. The result is good -- not perfect -- but I'm happy with it. Someone who took more time and...
  17. G

I can't see how the sienna insert is worth $900+, and you get a smaller screen. The only possible reason to pay that much, I guess, is because there are reports that the autotain units are pretty far back compared to the factory headrests. I've ordered the dream units, but probably won't...
  18. G

Warning if you Remove the 2nd Row Console!

As Peter pointed out, we've discussed this in a prior thread. You can get a t-shaped mat to cover the gap. Check out a discussion on this from the flex forums. To order the t shaped mat, search for the flex, as some mat stores don't have the new explorer in their database yet (though, its...
  19. G

What sort of antenna is required for Sirius Backseat and how did you handle that?
  20. G

Hooking DVD headrests to existing Sony system

Thx, that's what I thought. I plan on connecting mine to the fusebox.
  21. G

Hooking DVD headrests to existing Sony system

Sgt, does the manual say anything about how to hook into power? I thought I read somewhere that limiteds have power in the seat for the DVD player.
  22. G

How much gas left after the gauge says 0 miles??

There is no reserve. Last night, after driving 10 hours, I pushed it to the limit. DTE said 8 miles left when I got to my destination. This morning, filled up at gas station with 6 miles left and it took 18.02 gallons.
  23. G

2nd row console removable?

My "understanding" is that the Explorer and Flex are identical -- here is a link that I've found on the Flex forums. Essentially, the hole in the carpet is the same size as the console (big). But, I plan on getting this T-shaped mat when I remove my console when kiddo #2 comes along...
  24. G

2nd row console

Just wanted to chime in the I believe the flex uses the same console. Since they have been around longer, it might be easier to find one that has been scrapped. This is what I have heard -- I have not tried it myself, so buyer beware.
  25. G

Daylight savings and GPS sync

With DST off, which it was, my clock was off by one hour after the time change. When I turned DST on, it was off by two hours. Ended up just doing it manually.
Back