Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Replace Rear Brake Pads & Rotors

So the dealer replaced the rotors. The originals were so badly warped that they tried machining them twice and they were still warped. Driving home they felt really good but after about 15 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic I started getting some squealing and chatter. The squealing is...
  2. N

I drive roughly 90% highway. That is why it surprised me. The reason I had them replaced was actually because I brought it in for a noise in the front brakes. The dealer told me that my rears were so worn down that they couldn't determine what the problem with the fronts was. They said...
  3. N

I just spent $600 CDN to have the stealership install new rear rotors and pads at only 60k. They said they were worn right down. I've NEVER had a vehicle wear out its rear brakes before the fronts, let alone have any brakes wear out before 100k.
  4. N

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I had my hood repainted for bubbling all along the front edge just last fall with roughly 55k. I believe they repainted the area but then recleared the entire thing. Looks as good as new. I just wonder how long it will last considering my bumper to bumper just expired.
  5. N

Replacing bench with 2nd row bucket seats

I wonder if we could get a hold of a Ford kit to change our 40 section to slide. I have the 2011 XLT and no slide on mine. It would be nice to have.
  6. N

Climate Settings With Remote Start

I have verified and I don't have menu items for my heated seats. Just, Heater - A/C Front Defrost Rear Defrost Peter, I think my menu looks like what yours must have at one point. When did yours change? I just had a Sync update done a couple of weeks ago but I guess this is not affected.
  7. N

As I said, yes, I set it to AUTO. Under Remote Start/Climate Control there are only two options for me, AUTO and Use Last Settings. I have set that to auto and it doesn't turn on the heated seats or set the blower and heat to high. I set it to last settings and it does not even use my...
  8. N

Replacing bench with 2nd row bucket seats

Aside from the MFT issues and the impromptu power steering failures, the 2nd row bench has to be the most frustrating part of owning my Explorer. I have three children and when I bought the Ex I thought (was told by the salesman) the 2nd row could slide so that you could gain easy access to...
  9. N

I have tried the Auto and it never turns on my heated seats and also doesn't put the blower or heat on full, even when it is -25C. I have tried "Use last settings" and that doesn't use my last settings, it just seems to use some random auto settings. Nothing in this damn Explorer works the...
  10. N

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

From what I was told by Transport Canada, steering is one of the major components that MUST be working flawlessly or it is considered a hazard. If ford has identified that racks made between date A and date B may fail they MUST recall vehicles with these racks. We are not talking about a...
  11. N

Thanks very much :chug:. I will forward this information to my dealer.
  12. N

Glad to hear that at least something was done for you. Do you mind me asking what city and dealer you brought it to? Where there error codes that they could find?
  13. N

Was it? My mistake, I was told it was made in a Canadian plant.
  14. N

Rsscully: good job on the video. At least your errors are easily reproduced. Hopefully it won't be too long before its fixed. We in Canada cannot use the vehicle health report. 90% of the MS Sync features that where advertised to us, and my salesman bragged about, don't work in Canada. I...
  15. N

We need to start posting videos to YouTube of the dash all lit up with errors and showing how difficult it is to steer. It seems that mass public infiltration of negative experiences with particular products, especially when life is at risk, is the only thing that really gets a manufacturer to...
  16. N

:can:First and foremost, fellow Canadians that have experienced the power steering failure, please file a report with Transport Canada using the following online form. :can: I use this vehicle as my family car. I use it to carpool my wife and I to and from work, 110km per day and drive my...
  17. N

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

I have a 2011 XLT and my DRL's are the headlights, NOT the amber turn signals. I have a feeling that it is only the Limited that uses the amber turn signals for the DRL's. I actually want to change mine so that it uses the ambers for the DRL's. I think the look is quite nice on the ones I...
  18. N

Will 2010 Explorer 17" wheels fit the 2011 Explorer?

Hey, I'm looking at buying a winter/wheel package from someone that was from a 2010 Ford Explorer. The tires are 245/65/17 and the bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3. Does anyone know if the hub and offset will fit? Thanks
  19. N

Husky / Weathertech mats - Group Buy

I ordered the entire set. I have received 3 out of the 4 packages. Of course the one package I haven't received yet is the one with the front and 2nd row mats. I assume its still on its way. When I get them all I will install them and take pics of all of them. Has anyone else from Canada...
  20. N

Will the wheels from a Dodge Nitro fit the Explorer?

What was the price the local dealer gave you on the BFG's?
  21. N

Well I guess I won't bother then. The guy won't sell the tires by themselves. The cost to buy them used, remove the tires from the rims, buy new rims and have them remounted... and also the 2 hour round trip drive to pick them up! Not worth it for saving a couple hundred bucks on used winter...
  22. N

Trust me, I share your same feelings towards Dodge. I however am seriously trying to figure out if they will fit. The guy won't sell just the tires. I looked here http://adaptitusa.com/referencebook.htm They say that the centre bore on the Nitro is 71.5 (mm's I guess). They don't have the...
  23. N

Adding Navigation Later

Which dealer did you buy from?
  24. N

I am looking at a set of used winter wheels and tires. They are off a Dodge Nitro. The tires are the exact size as what is used on the base Explorer, 245/65/17. I know that they use the same bolt pattern (5 x 114.3) but does anyone know if the hub will fit? What about offset? Thanks
  25. N

Fwd explorer in winter

Another Ottawa'n! Gooday and how r ya now? I have been wondering what tires to get for my FWD XLT. I am definitely buying the stock 17" steelies but would like to know if they fit as well. Let us know what you find out. Where do you get your tires? Local shop or Internet?
Back