Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Hey everyone!

I used OEM Motorcraft platinum plugs and I cannot remember the brand of wires. They were cut to proper length and I got them from Advanced Auto Parts. They were as thick if not thicker than the wires that came off and were described as OEM replacements. Blessings
  2. H

Hey everyone!

Hey BrooklynBay, plugs, wires and fuel filter have solved the problem. Vehicle is running great! 149,000 was when the odometer stopped working three years ago.
  3. H

96 explorer parting out

Hey kbabiak, Do you have a center wheel cap? If so is it the same as a '97 XLT? Here is a picture of a vehicle like mine. Also, I need a female passenger side seat belt. Thanks, Gary
  4. H

Hey everyone!

@BrooklynBay No codes yet, I think my "Service Engine Light", SEL, is burned out. I don't believe with what the vehicle is doing right now the computer would not caues the light to go on. Secondly, my code reader uses a serial port to the computer so I am waiting to hear from CarChip if a...
  5. H

OBD-II Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)

Are there any updates to the the product code links for this post? http://www.scantool.net/products/pro...55eaef77769d39 This gives the old 404 Page Not Found Error. I have a CarChip connector, but it is for a serial port and I am not sure if a converter will work. I a waiting to hear...
  6. H

Hey everyone!

I just joined the forum/site and am glad to find a place where I can get some help. Although I am not what you would call a "mechanic", I am "mechanical". I have worked on cars most of my teen and early 20's as a hobby/side job. I am much older than that now and have been away from it for a LONG...
Back