Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Rattling sound when entering car - engine not running

never happened before, car is over 40k miles. Just came back from Las Vegas where temp is over 100. Thinking maybe something melted and got loose, but like you said when engine is not running only light and MFT screen + odometer screen is on, what else could be running causing the...
  2. T

Rattling sound when entering car - engine not running

Anyone with the following problem: When entering the car, there is a ratting/clicking sound - tek-tek-tek... for a few second. But not everytime and the duration is different when it happens. Sound coming from right side - front or hood (not sure) . Engine is NOT running!
  3. T

Howling Noise

This is most likely the 'A' pillar problem. On the left and right of the windshield, press with your fingers the top of the black vertical pillar, they should not flex at all. If fell a flex, that the source of the noise at high speed. The climate system blocks the noise when you put...
  4. T

No A/C during idle

Go to the dealer right away - DO NOT USE THE A/C in the meantime because you might overheat the engine. The A/C fan need to be replaced! This happened to my car last week and by reading this forum regularly, I knew right away the most likely problem.
  5. T

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

what is the TSB number or code for this?
  6. T

Shift to Park Warning

Same problem with mine. 'Lucky' for me it happens when I was in dealership, so they replace the shifter right away. You might want to record it on your phone, just in case they need prove.
  7. T

Here we go again...

What is your current MFT version in syncmyride? Maybe you have not updated this in syncmyride? If it's also showing V3.0.2, then you might want to contact Rebecca.
  8. T

Shift to Park Warning

Take a video from your smartphone. Dealer fixed mine in one day, they changed the shift lever.
  9. T

MFT Update on Syncmyride

Worthington Ford in Long Beach, California said they need to order the new SD card. Rebecca / Cory, so do the dealership will get these SD card or they have to place an order for these? Can you confirm ALL dealerships (in US / Canada) have been sent these new cards??? When? Should they...
  10. T

Anyone Have Rattles From Rear of Interior ?

The metal on metal higher pitch jiggle sound is coming from the second row sit hinge, not from seatbelt. Try this, fold the seatback of the second row and hit the hinge with the palm of your hand, you should hear this rattling sound. Mentioned this during regular service and they'll fix it.
  11. T

Rear rattle???

Same with my car, the second row seat hinge is rattling. A few months ago right before this start rattling, I was in the freeway with heavy traffic traveling about 30-40 mph, suddenly I heard a very loud bang. I started looking left and right, I though someone blew up a car tire. Then I started...
  12. T

Strange Noise - Thud Sound

We have the limited. When we start the vehicle and start driving forward, at about 10-20 feet, there is a small thud sound (you can feel it under your feet and coming from the engine/transmission(?), one time only. This happens every time! Start the car, drive, and you can hear the thud sound...
Back