Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Ford Remote Start Accessory

Remote start 35$, bought my wife a new pair of boots, works every time with unlimited range......LOL
  2. L

Block Heater

The block heater comes standard on all Explorers in Canada and in some States but not all. The owners manual doesn't say where it is located, but just open up the hood and it is right on top nested in its clip.
  3. L

Block Heater

I plan on making a small extension cord of about three feet so that I can route it through the grill. I only plug the block heater in when the temp falls below -20c. I always use a timer and it is recommended by Ford to start the timer three hours before you start the vehicle in cold temp -18c...
  4. L

Block Heater

Finally found the plug to the block heater, just under the hood neatly placed in it's harness. Great, now the problem it's a one and half feet long. Has anyone figured out how to get the end of the block heater plug out without always having to open up the hood to plug in an extension cord...
  5. L

A simple poll...

I have my Ex since April, came with Version 2.7 and never had an issue. Upgraded to Version 2.11 and it still works very smooth but I have noticed that it is quicker to connect to my iphone4 with version 2.11. I have an XLT, TOW PACKAGE with BACK-UP CAMERA and everything works great.....
  6. L

Reset oil percentage deal...?

The operator's manual says about 16,000 km between oil changes in normal driving conditions. Very easy to reset oil life takes less than a minute, Bill#4 Explorer explains the way do it, perfectly. Explorer Tuxedo Black V6 XLT with tow and back-up camera, 11,000 KM
  7. L

I'm Drinking the Koolaid

Congrats calb! I am sure you will enjoy your Explorer has much as we do, best vehicle I have ever owned (19th). I have not had an issue with my MFT, just upgraded to v2.11 and it works perfectly.
  8. L

V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com

I just finished updating my Ex Sync from V2.7 to V2.11 and I must say it went really smooth.The first think I noticed is that everything is quicker and is operating smoother compared to V2.7. No glitches yet. It took 45 minutes to update the system.
  9. L

2011 Explorer with problems.

I have had my Ford Ex 2011 since May have over 7000 k/m on it, been on three road trips one was with my golfing buddies, one was a 600 k/m trip, the last which was out of this world 1800 k/m trip on one of the most treacherous roads in Canada HWY 138 from Montreal to Sept-Iles. It's an 11 hour...
  10. L

My Explorer Problems

snemerow, you said it started to happened after you went and got your car washed, maybe they hit the fuze box and and a fuze is loose in some way or hooked a wire underneath your dash board. Sorry to hear you are having these problems, hope this helps......
  11. L

Sirius Signal Drop Out

It worked that way before, since Sirius and XM changed there line-up( in May), now it cuts out when you pass under an overpass.....
  12. L

Cabin fuse box location / access

Canadian model is in the same location.......
  13. L

Does anyone have a MFT system that works?

My MFT works perfect not one glitch in over 2800 km. It booths up in less than 2 seconds and always always works. This is how I operate my MFT, first thing when I park my Ex I always shut everything off. ( radio and climate ). When I do get back in, I put the key to position 3 (on), let the the...
  14. L

Sirius Signal Drop Out

Just came back from a road trip with six golfing buddies, the sirius radio worked perfect no drops out not even under an overpass when is was stuck in traffic on the return trip home. Looks like the problem is fixed...I really think it was Sirius the problem.
  15. L

tire mobility kit

I have an XTL with the tow package and it is under the drivers seat ( where is supposed to be placed )...
  16. L

Sirius Signal Drop Out

I have noticed the signal cutting out ever since they have changed their channel line up on may 4th. I have a portable XM in my other car and it too has been cutting out but not has bad. I do think that the EX has a weaker antenna than my portable the reason it is not cutting out has much, but I...
  17. L

Ford should be proud

I have had my Ford Explorer for one month now, everyday day I drive it I enjoy it even more. It's like driving a Lazy-Boy. My other car is a Toyota Yaris and I find it is easier to park the EX than the Yaris parallel park, parking at the mall at work, still haven't figured that part yet but I do...
  18. L

Syncmyride.com Frustrations

Well up to about an hour ago I didn't even know syncmyride existed, I signed up I took about three minutes and everything worked perfectly..... too bad people are having issues........
  19. L

Tin Roof Rain noise.

I have had my ford explorer for one month now and it has rained for 28 days since, I haven't heard the noise you people are talking about, but tomorrow they are announcing one more day of heavy rain..... will go try it on the highway and see if I can hear something. Still feels like I'm driving...
Back