Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

New MFT version issues

Thanks for the useful and fast replies. I think the problems that the MFT system has are unbelievable. With the previous version, I had the APIM module replaced after the dealer did an update to the system and I got the languages out of sync between the main screen and the two smaller...
  2. R

New MFT version issues

I have a 16 GB pendrive (have used it for months, with the older version as well). I just downloaded the reboot software, will try it if needed. Question on that. I need to copy the following files in the root directory, right? ReadMe.txt (well, probably not needed...) DelayedReboot.cab...
  3. R

New MFT version issues

I do a master reset before the fuse, the only thing it does is disconnect the phone...
  4. R

New MFT version issues

I installed the new version (3.0.2) a while ago, and it seemed to work better. However, a few days ago, the USB stopped responding. I pulled F29, and worked again. Last night, it failed again. Radio was on all the time, could not turn it off. Tried to switch to USB. Screen changed to USB...
  5. R

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Touch screen unresponsivr Last week, I got a minor wierd behavior a couple of times, the dash power off button regused to turn off the radio. Yesterday, though, the touch screen became unresponsive, and has remained like that since then. I REALLY think Ford needs to put its act together...
  6. R

Another smaller issue. The battery and signal drawings are not polished at all, the bars have not the same width.
  7. R

I installed V 2.0 on Friday. Worked well until Sunday. Then 1) The "eternal indexing cycle" for the USB started again. Voice command were not available. Had to re-index manually and then it worked ok. 2) Today, and for one complete drive, entertainment was unavailable. Could not turn on radio...
  8. R

MFT - MyFord Touch performance update

It worked beautifully! Thanks! A couple of times is seemed to be stalled, but installed perfectly after around 1 h 20 mins.
  9. R

Got the zip file. Should I just copy the content in the pen drive root folder? Thanks!
  10. R

Got it. Thanks! Will let you know how it goes.
  11. R

Hi, how can I get that link/files? I have a 2011 Explorer but am in Chile, and the dealers know squat about any updates... Thanks!
  12. R

Why I didn't buy my Explorer today

Mine didn't have anything noticeable, and transport included shipping to the factory to a port, loading into a RO/RO vessel, 10k miles by sea, unloading at destination port and shipping from the destination port to the dealer. And I would not have accepted dents or flaws.
  13. R

Remote starter options

Works beautifully... At least for the moment. It took less than 5 minutes to the dealer to enable the Remote Start option after hooking up the IDS. Got charged, though, US$ 50 for it. Now I have a Remote Start menu in the Adjustments/Vehicle section, where I can enable/disable it as well as...
  14. R

New Explorer owner, far south...

Hi, I am Rodrigo. Live in Santiago, Chile and got my 2011 Gold Leaf Explorer XLT 4WD three weeks ago. Coming from a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder, I am, at this stage, a very happy owner. Stuff that I have purchased for my new toy: WeatherTech FloorLiners OEM Remote Start kit (to be operational...
  15. R

Remote starter options

TxRanger351w Two keys were included. I expected one as well, as stated in all related marketing materials, but the dealer and Ford installation instructions confirmed that two is the correct number. Do not have it with me, but will post later. It is exactly as the original 3 button key, but...
  16. R

Remote starter options

I need also to have the remote start option enabled. It is not present now.
  17. R

Remote starter options

Notpur It looks like it will be. I did cut one of the keys today, and will ask the tech guy that does my 1,000 km free check to enable the remote start (as he will heed to hook the computer anyways...) and post back. I decided not to cut the second key, maybe I will sell it for a profit :D
  18. R

Remote starter options

Got a confirmation from the dealer: I am glad to hear that your order has arrived without incident. The instructions are attached which lists the kit contents & programming instructions. Regarding the Remote Start kit, part number BB5Z-19G364-AA only contains 2 keys with the additional...
  19. R

Remote starter options

Looks like really plug and play... I got my BB5Z-19G364-A Remote Starter kit today. It contains... 2 keys and that's it. I sent an e-mail to the dealer where I got it to ask if something was missing (something like a control module or similar). Got also the hood switch which is required...
  20. R

Entertainment Hard Drive?

It does not have... However, I do not see this as a disadvantage. You can store 2000+ songs in a US$ 39.99 16 GB pen drive, far easier and less likely fo fail (hard drives and vibration do not go along well in the long term). In my past car, I had a dedicated Ipod to be able to do decent music...
Back