Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2015 Explorer bump/harsh shift

My 2011 had a terrible transmission bump. I traded it in and got a 2017. Now it has started with the same harsh bump at 6300 miles. It's exactly as described above (shifting at slow speeds from first to second). I am taking it in for service. From what I have read, it is a problem with the...
  2. D

2017 XLT

2017 XLT
  3. D

Battery Life

My 2011 Explorer has 41,000 miles on it and I just had the factory battery replaced.
  4. D

How do you PM a Ford rep?

Thanks. Rachel has been in touch!!
  5. D

How do you PM a Ford rep?

See above
  6. D

How many people have had the airbag warning light activate

I have had my 2011 in three times to fix it. It is back on again. I hate wasting my time taking it to the dealer. They are so incompetent.
  7. D

Pulsating Brakes - 2011 XLT

2011 Brakes Pulsating I have a 2011 XLT with 32,000 miles on it. My brakes are pulsating, so I suspect I need new ones, along with rotors. I've seen the posts about free brake pads, but I am out of warrantee now. When I take it into the dealership for an estimate, what should I listen/look...
  8. D

Thumping noise in front end at low speeds...

I remember lots of folks talking sometime back about a transmission bump moving forward at slow speeds. There is a TSB for it. Not sure where the link to the discussion is.
  9. D

'12 Ex needs brakes w/14K miles!?

The brakes on my 11 Ex are pulsating too. Out of warrantee. How much should I expect to pay for rotor turning? I have less than 30K miles too.
  10. D

Pulsating Brakes - 2011 XLT

This started a few months ago. Pulsating brakes while slowing to a stop. You can feel it in the brake pedal. Thoughts on what might be causing this - ABS issue? I would hate to think it's rotors already.
  11. D

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

That's happened to my XLT twice. Loose wires.
  12. D

Wipers stuck on

I have a 2011 Explorer. My wipers are turned off on the handle, but they are going at the slowest intermittent speed and wont stop. They will only turn off when I turn the key off. What would be causing this?
  13. D

Considering defaulting my deposit....

Sound like Bill Pierre Ford in Seattle. Nasty place.
  14. D

First Service: What should I do?

I had the oil changed at 5,000 miles. Now it's a bit over 10,000, and I plan on taking it in for another oil change. What other minor things should I have done to keep it in good shape? Tire rotation? Wiper blades?
  15. D

Radio won't turn on

I've had that happen to me a few times. I've fixed it by putting a CD in, then ejecting it. Radio comes on after that. Wierd.
  16. D

This thing is a pain to wash!

$7 drive thru car wash. Done in less than 5 minutes!
  17. D

Change Oil Alert

Anyone know how to reset it?
  18. D

Change Oil Alert

I had the oil changed at 5,000 miles. Now I'm at 7,500 miles, and a warning message light comes on whenever I start my car to "Change engine oil soon". Why?
  19. D

Explorer Dead Pedal / Left foot rest.

It bugged me too at first. I got used to it and now I don't notice it.
  20. D

Seattle Ford Service

I just talked to the service guy at Ford of Bellevue. It was like night and day compared to the donkeys at Bill Pierre Ford. They will even give me a car while they are working on mine. The guy was very professional, nice and articulate. He explained everything in detail and even told me...
  21. D

Seattle Ford Service

I'll try that dealership, even though it's in Bellevue. I just can't stomach going to Bill Pierre Ford again.
  22. D

Seattle Ford Service

Are there any decent Ford dealerships in Seattle that have a decent service departments? The one I go to is embarrassingly out of touch with modern customer service, they have a smelly waiting area, and their managers treat you like you couldn't possibly be informed. I had my car in for...
Back