Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Bumper Damage - self inflicted

My wife backed into a fence post last week with ours. Gonna be about $1K to fix because she scratched the top painted part and the bottom non-painted part. The top peice can be sanded out and re-painted. The bottom piece has to be replaced though. Hope the body shop can find the paint color.
  2. K

Which drop in air filter is best for the Explorer

Just throwing a question out. Has anyone with the new Explorer's installed a K&N air filter yet? If you have has it improved your gas mileage any?
  3. K

Oil Change interval

Yeah, yeah. Must be nice to be back in the States where you can take advantage of that. Don't have such luck in the UK. If I was back in Kansas it would be free....
  4. K

Oil Change interval

Dirty as hell. I put a hard 1k on it though after the first 600. Went to Scotland and back. All highway.
  5. K

Oil Change interval

Tom, I thought about putting it under the center like I do with the '02 but I went under the strut bolts and then put a jack stand just forward of that. That brought the tires off the ground slightly. Wouldn't be enough to rotate them though. Yeah, I saw your post from earlier. Good info.
  6. K

Oil Change interval

Things aren't that cheap in the United Kingdom. That's the reason I ordered the filters (so many) and did it myself.
  7. K

Oil Change interval

First Oil Change Performed the first oil change on the new Explorer today (2987 miles). According to the cluster I still had 70% left but did it anyways to get the early break in miles out of it. Was done in about 7 minutes. I'm going to have to upgrade my floor jack though. Seems like there is...
  8. K

Ugly Carpet Seam under Driver/Passenger Seats

And I thought I was the only one due to an early build date. No, it doesn't bother me either but it's just one of those things that pops out at you.
  9. K

Ugly Carpet Seam under Driver/Passenger Seats

Does anyone else have an ugly carpet seam under both the driver's and passenger front seats? Looks like where the front and back carpet meet and the back portion overlaps the front portion.
  10. K

Front Bumper Fit Issue

Same here Mine had it too. I noticed it a week after picking it up. First noticed the driver's side and immediately checked the passenger side. Pushed it in and a popped right back in. Hopefully it doesn't pop out again.
  11. K

MFT version upgrade.

Has to go to the dealer. They have to wipe your whole system when they do the upgrade to 2.8.
  12. K

MFT 2.7 to 2.8

So if I'm currently using version 2.4 should I upgrade to 2.8?
  13. K

Audio question

I also have the premium package on mine and the bass is crazy. I'm going to have to turn it down when the kids are in the car.
Back