Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Turdle

How to: 2nd gen console removal

Did you read the part after " to get a stubborn one out" ? Locking tabs , bottom rear of console slide forward into raised grooves in floor, locking it in place. You must slide them out , might help to pry downward on tab if you can with a slotted screwdriver, if you can see them I stand by...
  2. Turdle

1999 Mounty 5.0 aka My Great Bad Idea

Also, check brake booster hose and grommet
  3. Turdle

Brakes are Broken

Sounds silly but people have done this. Not mentioning names, but make sure you installed new calipers right side up. Although they seem same side to side , they aren't. Make sure bleeder valves are at the top.
  4. Turdle

5.0 Radiator interchange?

AutoZone lists duralast b1824 for 1997 B2308 for 2000. B1824 fits same, double row thick. Wierd. Only 1998 shows the 13 psi rad cap version on rockauto. All other years are 16 psi from what I see. I remember this from owning a 98. Why the difference? Edit. Difference of radiators can be...
  5. Turdle

5.0 Radiator interchange?

Look closely at AutoZone radiator specs, you'll see 96-97 V8 radiators are thicker vs 98-01. Pretty sure cap psi rating is higher on later radiators also.
  6. Turdle

My latest project: 1970 Dodge Dart 512 C.I. Bracket Racer

It's the small things. High of 82 today, temp dropping fast. It'll be 20 degrees or less overnight, after 3 days of record temps. How's that for a cool day?
  7. Turdle

Learning the 2001 Explorer Sport

My thoughts would be, 1st. Do 4wd lights illuminate with key on bulb check? Have her shift to neutral with engine running, vehicle stopped. Then shift to 4wd low . Wait for light in dash indicating low range. Drive straight forward about 5-6 feet. Stop. Shift back to neutral, while still...
  8. Turdle

DIY Explorer 302 Headers

Old school tuning shot for a target 1050 EGT. I assume it's close to that.
  9. Turdle

DIY Explorer 302 Headers

Um, powdercoat nor ceramic will hold up on the egr tube. Edit. Going from experience . Even exhaust tips will eventually get too hot for high temp powder. Both will flake if not turn to ash. It will see 1000+ degrees. I'd leave as is if you cannot get it plated.
  10. Turdle

1997 MM 5.0 TC & WP refresh & ignition system conversion Wiring progressing

I'm not sure it makes a difference long as all are wired the same. It's a simple coil inside.
  11. Turdle

A update and help realky needed on a odd fuel trim issue please read

This is a suggestion that will be a bit of work, but will identify the issue. Swap 6 spark plug with 4 Swap 6 injector with 5 See which cylinder problem moves to
  12. Turdle

Camshaft Synchronizer alignment tool

No such thing as a tool which fits 1996-2001. There are at least 4 different for that year range My 2000 used the black one for instance.
  13. Turdle

Look at top 5 piece set. You are looking at 4 piece set Left one, grey color. For 4 bux and change it's worth a shot
  14. Turdle

Look at the link again. Firs set with 5 tools. The one on far left, scroll thru pics to see bottom view. That looks like the one you need
  15. Turdle

This kit at rockauto, under 5 bux, has all of them Listed under 2000 V8 in ignition section https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2000,explorer,5.0l+v8,1362462,ignition,camshaft+synchronizer+alignment+kit,1001188
  16. Turdle

98 Explorer starts fine goes into gear fine when cold

Can't troubleshoot without knowing.
  17. Turdle

2005 Adrenaline Sport Trac ABS, Check Gauges

Pcm relay closes for bulb check, try swapping it around with another like it in the power distribution box.
  18. Turdle

Project Vulture

Which can be customized as you want, before paint. Customizing a pre made bumper means stripping powdercoat to get as good finish.
  19. Turdle

question about GT-40P 1.7 rockers and valve covers

So, bringing back memories for me. I taped the valve covers to engine, then cranked it over. ( Disable spark and fuel) If the tape pulls, there's an issue. It could be small enough a shave to the outer rockers cures it. Or, silicone glue 2 silicone valve cover gaskets, make a sammich gasket.
  20. Turdle

How to: 2nd gen console removal

Also, check the metal tabs at rear floor of console. 2 tabs lock into channels in the floor. A thin screwdriver will get in there to push them down. Have d to see them though. It'll help unlock the console, less whacks with hammer
  21. Turdle

A update and help realky needed on a odd fuel trim issue please read

Pulling spark plugs on bank 2 , keep them in order, will tell which injector is stuck open. I'd suspect the new one .
  22. Turdle

Can't find speedometer cable on the firewall

You might check the speedometer drive gear in transmission tail housing
  23. Turdle

Big Bang At Reverse

It could be transfer case related. Try switching in and out of 4wd checking for a change of shift feel
  24. Turdle

Unknown Sensor

Oil pressure sender
Back