Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Turdle

Core support information decals

Due to a crash happening to our f150 I had to use a salvage yard core support -headlught access trim cover. Decals were peeling even after someone stuck shipping tape over them years ago. After cleaning them off I wondered if new were available. Auto data labels dot com. I emailed an...
  2. Turdle

5.0 thermostat. Is there a Quicker unit available?

Observed issue. According to scangauge, Coolant temp climbs to at least 202 from cold start. Once 202, sometimes as high as 206 is achieved, temp falls to 181, then climbs back to 200, them 181, then around 198, then down to 186, and so on. It never truly settles in until cruising at...
  3. Turdle

Headunit update, old guy update

Thanks for looking. This guy hadn't even paid attention to car audio changes. I do like semi loud music as long as the system putting out isn't straining to do it. Most of the time though it's MLB and I cruising, and she wants to talk. What I want is a double din unit with 2 camera...
  4. Turdle

C1155 front left abs sensor fault

Fighting this code for a while. Tried used sensor, no go. Replaced hub with new sensor, both sides, left front code came back. Some discussion mentions forscan confusion between front sensors, so for giggles I disconnected right abs sensor and code C1145 added itself in, so we answered that...
  5. Turdle

New Motorcraft Hub Issue

Got a set of genuine Ford hubs for our 2000 mountaineer. Got the hubs installed fine, however the abs sensors will absolutely not plug in , about 1/8 inch from the click. Something hard is preventing further travel. ABS bulb might just burn out. Help?
  6. Turdle

Torque specifications 5.0 v8

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/torque-specifications-for-the-5-0.195647/
  7. Turdle

Volvo What a dipstick

My daughter bought a Volvo xc60 SUV. During a recent visit her "critical condition- oil level " warning appeared. Guess what? No dipstick. Nada. Just a plug in a hole where one should be. Owners manual says add a quart. Wow. Search shows this is a major issue. She pressed it and...
  8. Turdle

Sold Refinished 4.0 OHV valve covers

For your consideration I am offering this set of powdercoated ohv valve covers. These have been baked off and mediablasted with crushed garnet, powdercoated a nice silicon blue. Pics include cloudy natural light and flash for hue. 110.00 plus shipping.
  9. Turdle

Purge valve circuit diagram ? P0443 code issues!

Thanks for looking. Been having a p0443 code on 2003 5.4 f150 Replaced hose, nope Replaced purge valve. Nope. Replaced connector, seemed to for 45 miles but nope. I now have battery tray out, I know pin 56 on PCM is the green with black 0 volt, now I am stumped as to which pin is the...
  10. Turdle

I know what to do, I just don't know what to do

Seems Betty mule is just full of hot air these days. 2000 mountaineer V8 Compressor kicks on and off, pressure is building according to cheap fill kit gauge. Time for a new compressor, and condenser. Can I flush the lines? If I acquire the gauges and vacuum pump, will this new tool...
  11. Turdle

7k Miles Ranger Camper Craigslist

https://joplin.craigslist.org/cto/d/joplin-1993-ford-ranger-camper/7367105856.html Thoughts before it sells?
  12. Turdle

Wanted Factory Radio Antenna

Need a 98 01 antenna, fender mount to plug please, do not need whip.
  13. Turdle

2003 Lariat Super Crew "Husker Larry"

Introducing our old new truck 2003 Lariat. Plans are 295 AT tires, Come up with coilover conversion , Nav stereo with cameras. As for now
  14. Turdle

HALP!! Mustang SN 95 rear brakes

Long story short I have to replace rear brakes on a 295k mile GT. Needs new calipers and all. Pins are rust seized into brackets. I have new parts. But oh my dog. First problem. Cannot bust bracket bolts loose from axle flange. With breaker bar and cheater pipe I used a floor jack on end...
  15. Turdle

SAS Shock towers

For your consideration I am offering this set of cast Ford Shock towers from I believe and old F250, powdercoated silver vein color (black frost) and topcoated with clear powdercoat. Includes 4 shock type tabs. Diff cover not available . 65.00 shipped
  16. Turdle

SOLD!! Warrior shackles-wrinkle texture black powdercoat

SOLD!!!!! I am offering a set of Warrior shackles which have been cleaned to bare metal and powder coated "Splatter Black". You provide bolts and washers. 70.00 shipped USPS priority mail. Paypal accepted , if you pay fees.
  17. Turdle

When a ball > than bullet

Ok, glass jokes aside, 500 mile range and baja off road capability? I want.
  18. Turdle

Now we know what it will look like ( kinda)

https://www.motortrend.com/news/new-bronco-design-details-r-baja-race-truck/
  19. Turdle

151.8 million rollover award

Alabama jury awards $152 million in Ford Explorer rollover case | Reuters An Alabama jury awarded $151.8 million to a young man paralyzed in 2015 rollover accident involving a Ford Explorer sport utility vehicle, Ford and lawyers in the case said on Sunday. The jury awarded $100 million in...
  20. Turdle

Mbrooks420

Get your decals from Mike. Excellent communication, great selection of colors, and an all around good guy. I have had several transactions with Mike and all were great. No problems here.
  21. Turdle

Snowflake

MLB doesn't like the name I have for her new ride. The name is fitting however. Gotta be nice to it or it'll have a melt down. In more ways than one. I just have to keep it below 6000 rpm's-- So far we like it quite a bit. It drives nice, and has plenty of power for passing in just about...
  22. Turdle

Wanted Help repairing a thread

Hi folks, thanks for looking. I would like to repair and extend the coverage of this thread Solved - Fuse and relay locations--2nd generation power distribution box Layout- What i need from you is pictures of the owners manual pages please for these years 95 96 97 98 ( I no longer...
  23. Turdle

y pipe

I am doing some cleaning in my garage, getting rid of old pipe dreams. For your consideration, I have this 2 into 1 y pipe made to fit our explorers. It has 2.5" primaries and a 3" out pipe with a 2 bolt ball flange for easy dis assembly of exhaust once fit. Painted with high temp silver...
  24. Turdle

For Sale Ranger Rear bumper DIY build brackets

Thanks for looking I am offering a set of 1/2" thick laser cut and drilled bumper build brackets for Ranger. ( holes will not work for explorer without redrill) for building your dream rear bumper. These are heavy heavy, will probably fit into a flat rate shipping box to give the...
  25. Turdle

Wanted Inner front door lower dust sheild-weather strip

Hi and thanks for looking. I am in need of the little rubber flap-dust seal which runs along the bottom of the driver side door. The little plastic clips on mine broke so I assume they are part of the seal. An on line source for it would be welcome but I was unable to find it using my search...
Back