Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

For Sale. Hyde, cheshire.

Sorry. yes i have some pics, but can't figure how to post.
  2. T

For Sale. Hyde, cheshire.

1998 4.0 explorer. runs on petrol. lpg system fitted but requires defuser. 07731087901. Had the complete radiator carrier panel repaired.
  3. T

Radio swap

Thanks for reply. My model doesn't have rear controls. So no matter. However the other information is useful. Thanks Tom
  4. T

Radio swap

Hi all I have a 1998 explorer. The rds 7000 radio has given up. Anyone tell me can I fit the rds 6000 as a straight swap? Thanks Tom
  5. T

Whats this

Thanks All who replied.
  6. T

Whats this

Hi Yes could be aft
  7. T

Whats this

Hi Could anyone please tell me what this is? Its bolted to inner wing sees to be something to do with vacuum. As it connects to butterfly valve. Is it needed?
  8. T

1998 fuel system sohc

Hi I have had the top inlet manifold off and cleaned and replaced gasket also cleaned the iac valve, air flow sensor, air temperature sensor, butterfly valve. In fact all the top end. Think my problems can only be caused by plugs or leads. Have put new fuel in with an injector cleaner. Think I...
  9. T

1998 fuel system sohc

Hi The truck was running bad before . Hunting. I have replaced inlet manifold gasket. It now runs better. I have also added 3 gallons of fuel and red ? Fuel additive. Also oil and filter change with flushing agent. Running better, idle a little high 1100/1200 smoother revs. Just lumpy between...
  10. T

1998 fuel system sohc

I will have to speak to a friend as have no scanner. Battery brand new. Old one knackered after standing so long. I will let you know results of scan as soon as I can. Thanks for reply Tom
  11. T

1998 fuel system sohc

Hi Donalds. Fuel pressure ok. Regards Tom
  12. T

1998 fuel system sohc

Hi It is running just missing between 1500 and 2000 rpm. Have just treated with Redline Sl-1. will see how things go.. Air ride pump is working . but not sure if system is. needed to know about injection system . as single point would be less likely to cause misfire. whereas multi point could be...
  13. T

1998 Ford Explorer Radiator Support Panel

just to let you all know. I have had it welded.
  14. T

1998 fuel system sohc

Hi all Just a quickie. I have a 1998 SOHC . could someone please tell me. is this single point injection or multi? Reason for asking, idles great misfire under load, could be plugs or injectors or leads. Car has been stood for 2 years. Also the switch inside small locker in the boot area. says...
  15. T

Latest project

Switch is easy.just take your time. There is a tutorial on you tube. A guy shows you how. Also helps if anything goes wrong.
  16. T

Latest project

Not failed MOT. Radiator support panel. Hopefully welded next week . Also shown indicator switch. Needed cleaning.
  17. T

I tried I tried the same company. Same response. Thanks for reply Tom
  18. T

Hi All Wonder if anyone knows where i can get a replacement Radiator Support Panel. Preferably in the UK. Thanks in advance Tom
  19. T

airbag control unit

Thanks for the help. I will check them out. Tom
  20. T

airbag control unit

Hi JC the explorer i have on my profile. I sold a few years ago and bought a KIa Sorento (big Mistake). The 1998 model i now have. used to be my brother in laws. sadly he passed way a month or so ago. So it has come to me with many problems. The under bonnet fuse box you show is not like mine...
  21. T

1999 explorer

Thanks for that. I will give it a look at.
  22. T

1999 explorer

I'm in Hyde mate. Think i have everything sorted though. Fuse on airbags keeps blowing . so fault is between there and Control unit. At the moment i have Flasher Relay out. just need to know . Whereabouts of Airbag control unit, And to check indicator Relay. Tom
  23. T

1999 explorer

Nice one. Got a lot of work to do on Explorer Air bag light. Need to find Control Unit. There's a short somewhere after fuse feed. Indicators and hazards not working. Radio not working. Have to get the underside checked for rust. Looks great above the chassis. Tom
  24. T

1999 explorer

Right O.K. send me details please. We will see what we can do. Where about are you in the U.K. Tom
  25. T

1999 explorer

Have to wait and see. I'm 68 and never been to the states. so fingers crossed. I will still have to convince my missus though. Tom
Back