Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

92' Ranger XLT

I want to drop a 302 into my ranger. I have gotten many opinions but don't know which route would be best. now I am asking for opinions on the forum. I was told to either do a C4 or a T5 tranny and a ford 9 inch and 8.8 inch (3.73 gear ratio), was told I'd get the best of both worlds power and...
  2. D

Trans slips, 1992 ranger xlt 3.0 auto 2WD

the transmission slips for a short spurt in 2nd gear. shifts to second and out of second fine but shortly after in gets into 2nd at about 20mph (cold) it slips and about 25mph (warm) it slips. if I shift it manually then there is no problem in drive or overdrive it slips. I changed the fluid and...
  3. D

engine conversion.

I want to either put a more modern fuel efficient engine in my 92 ranger or make it more efficient by turning my 3.0L SOHC into a DOHC, with some type of air induction system. I also need to know what type of injector would be more efficient 15 psi or 19 psi. does anyone have any idea for...
  4. D

Diesel Ranger

What is the best Diesel engine to be put into my 92 XLT?
  5. D

Possible steering and suspension problem

92 ranger 3.0 v6 auto RWD. I turn left it sounds like the driver front tire/wheel is rubbing or grinding horrifically not when I turn right but when I turn left. Also, it vibrates really bad. Now driving on a straight strip of road, It feels like the same tire is out of balance the only issue...
  6. D

Transmission slip.

I believe my automatic a4ld transmission is slipping due to a vacuum leak. It slips in 2nd gear. It is a 1992 ranger 3.0 can anyone assist me? I recently replaced the vacuum modulator, could that have caused the problem?
  7. D

Need directions

I need Directions on this forum to the appropriate thread to to replacing my suspension and all the parts to go along with it. On a 92 Ranger XLT RWD 3.0L V6
  8. D

93 explorer sport, " The Complicated Procedure "

Hello all you enthusiast. I want to do a 4bt engine swap. I want someone with experience with this to give me a personal email to mudwolves4x4 at yahoo dot com. in the mean time i would really like to know what i'm getting myself into financially and labor wise? what all do i need to change out...
  9. D

Make Shift Aux...

Is there any way to wire an auxiliary port to the car and works well, it would be nice to listen to my Ipod through the speakers for once?
  10. D

2000 Explorer XLT Tow package

I need to know how the Tow package was set up on the 2000 XLT. Custom Tow bar or rear bumper assembly, wiring harness assembly, etc..
  11. D

Pricing

How much should I pay for a 2000 ford explorer XLT 5.0 V8 AWD Automatic, fog lamps, sunroof, etc.? 232,x.. miles
  12. D

Trailer tail light issues

My explorer does not have a tow package so it does not have the proper wiring for a trailer that has taillights. How do I install the appropriate wiring?
  13. D

93' Explorer Tail light issues

I tested the suspected bad bulb and it was bad, so I got a 10 pack of new bulbs well it didn't work. I checked the socket by switching sides and both sockets work. I am suspecting that there is a wiring issue some where I do not know, any ideas please.
  14. D

Wanted 93' Explorer

I am also looking for Grill/Brush guard, Tail light guards, and a receiver hitch.
  15. D

Wanted CB Radio

I am looking for a Cobra 29-Classic CB with NOAA Weather & NightWatch Display. Any one got one and for how much?
  16. D

93 explorer sport electrical issues

My left blinker doesn't blink and when I turn my head lights on my dash lights won't turn on, so I have to get the knob in between the amber lights setting and the headlights setting for my dash lights to turn on. My left rear light turns on but won't brighten when applying the brakes or...
  17. D

How much trans fluid

How much transmission fluid does my 93 explorer sport take? Rwd, automatic, 4L V6.
  18. D

Ohio group for off roading -new

I have yet to find decent active members for my group "Mud Wolves 4x4". I need people who will actively participate in activities and meetings that the group may have. Thank you for reading. I hope you join and enjoy.
  19. D

93 Explorer lift and flex

I am wanting to put a 4" lift on my Explorer Sport, how can I get the most flex for my buck? I want to take it out to "Hells Revenge" in Moab, Utah.
  20. D

'93 explorer sport, Heater and AC

I got my heater core replaced last winter, it was a cheap one but a good one. It has a life time warranty on it. in the winter months it takes so long to warm up and it barely takes the edge off. I know why. I have a 93 explorer sport, I did my research and they are notorious for running cold...
  21. D

93 explorer sport

How do I make my explorer less top heavy?
  22. D

Transmission fluid leak

I'm not sure where the leak is coming from but I'm going through 2 quarts a month. RWD 2WD auto trans., I was told it may be the front seal by an unreliable source. I think it's coming from the tranny fluid pan, I'm not sure the tranny fluid is everywhere under my 93 explorer sport. any input...
  23. D

Need opinions

I was thinking about putting a blower on my 1993 explorer sport. need opinions.
  24. D

Looking for...

I have a 1993 Ford explorer sport and I'm looking for custom parts for it, can't find any. plus does anyone think a flow master exhaust system would sound good with a 6C 4L engine? How much would a cooling fan run for?
  25. D

Intro

Hello, my name is Robert and I have a 1993 Explorer sport. My favorite thing to do is fix it up seeing as how the previous owners didn't take proper care of it. looking at it as a woman, she looks good but very ill. So, I may need a lil assistance along the way.
Back