Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Ball joint & bushing swap question.

check out this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188225
  2. C

92 Ranger gas gauge is not accurate. The sending unit & gauge were replaced.

suggestion just for the people that dont really know after you have changed the anti slosh module for your gauge you may also want to check all fuses in the power distribution box on the passenger side there is a possability there is one small fuse burnt out i had issues as well i changed...
  3. C

Tons of reading pays off

Thank you wow you know i just read this forum and post and ran out and looked and here the line is off on the system put it on and the engine sounds different right away
  4. C

Yes there is an Anti Slosh Module on the back side of the instrument cluster it look alot like a little computer circuit board. Iy has one plastic clip to hold it into the sliders slots. And there is 5 metal little clips that connect to the circuit board of the instrument cluster! to purchase a...
  5. C

Just so you happen to know I have talked to a Ford Tech and he has mentioned it is not the gage issue is it the (AntiSlosh-Module) that is behind the instrument cluster. Try finding a used one and replacing it. and to let you know as long as it comes from a ranger even if it is new then yours it...
  6. C

Fuel Gage Issues!!

Well i had the day off today so i went to the auto wreckers and got the little circuit board called the Anti-Slosh module from the left side of a 92 explorer instrument cluster and guess what My gage now works perfectly. I also talked to a few other mechanics who have replaced fuel gages and...
  7. C

Fuel Gage Issues!!

Well here is the news I have removed my instrument cluster found the harness with the yellow and white wire to the fuel gage and it reads the 33 ohms, same as the rest of the ohm testing. so now i am figuring the back of my instrument clster is hooped so I will have to figure something out for...
  8. C

Fuel Gage Issues!!

Thank you so much i measured the ohms from the sending unit right at the tank and it read 27 ohm with key off. and at the connection with key off it read 27 ohms under the master cylinder. then with key on under the master cylinder connection the ohm meter read 33 ohms. so I am thinking the...
  9. C

Fuel Gage Issues!!

I just replaced everything sending unit fuel pump screen and new float as well I just purchased an ohm meter myself so i will be testing this as of today thank you so much for the insight
  10. C

Fuel Gage Issues!!

Well unfortunately I am not "that guy" but I will give it a shot I was under the understanding it would be easier to just pull out the instrument cluster and check there but then again it could just be the plug to the fuse I am sure as well it is brand new pump and sending unit and the pump runs...
  11. C

My 1996 Ford Explorer won't start. Help please.

Give this a shot not neccasary that it will work but actually have you tried removeing the negative cable from battery for 10 minutes and while disconnected try turn key to on position 3 times as well as turn all the way to acc three times. This will release any charge in the PCM and then...
  12. C

Fuel Gage Issues!!

I was having an issue with my fuel gage not registering all the time. every once in a while it will register up to full no matter how much fuel is in it and then it will go right down to Empty. So I ordered a brand new pump and sending unit from rockauto.com last saturday. received it by fed ex...
Back