Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

sunroof problems help please

Go to Home Depot you could probabaly find stuff to build one
  2. A

Replaced fuel pump and it fixed my transmission.

Last week I finally got in the new fuel pump assembly for my 5 sp '93 Navajo. The first thing I noticed was with the new pump the Nav starts and is running a little quicker than before. Prior to the old original pump going out I was having shifting issues with some grinding in 1st and 2nd and...
  3. A

Is there a special tool needed for fuel pump lines?

Success!!! :) :chug::thumbsup::thumbsup: Nav is up and running. New pump assembly online $48. came today. plugged it in and it ran!! Got the lines off extremely easy with the removal tool. Cleaned the surround of the pump then soaked it with PB . Then more PB an hour later. The ring...
  4. A

OK. Thanks Brian & "Kiki". Will work on this asap.
  5. A

93 Mazda Navajo LX ( 4x4) stick. I cut away the floor and now have my fuel pump exposed from the top. My first time doing this. Top of pump has 2 steel line connecitons - into a coupler - into the fuel lines There are heavy steel clips over each coupler holding the lines on. Q: This clip...
  6. A

Is my fuel pump dead?

Next up is figure out what I need to remove the fuel hoses and the pump housing. AA
  7. A

Is my fuel pump dead?

Update for my '93 Navajo. ( OP) removed the back seats on both sides. pulled back carpet and removed the black plastic seat support. ( 2 screws) In my Nav there is already a rubber plug in the center of the floor so I pulled it out to get an idea of the thickness of the floor metal. Not thick...
  8. A

Is my fuel pump dead?

Will look for that box witht he 4 connections again Saturday. I looked and the mobile mechanic also looked. Neither of us saw it. Got the seat out and pretty much know where to cut metal for pump access. I can get my hand along the 2 fuel lines actually on to the top of the tank and touch...
  9. A

Is my fuel pump dead?

Cannot see that on my Nav. Any particular spot or a reference picture?
  10. A

Is my fuel pump dead?

Yes both. and the relay swap and fuse.
  11. A

Is my fuel pump dead?

Good tool to use. OK so I push in the pin prior to ignition and did get a little squirt of fuel spit out. Then I try again with cycling the key a few times and nothing came out. I tried this a few times. Nothing. Two Advance stores near me neither one has a fuel pressure gauge to loan &...
  12. A

Is my fuel pump dead?

Does the ignition need to be on as in trying to start the truck while the pin inside the valve is being pushed in at the same time? Also I have the cap off and there's not much room to use a screwdriver head or even a tire prissure gauge to push that pin in. Tried both and there is a thick...
  13. A

Is my fuel pump dead?

I found this website link http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/ford/4.0L/how-to-test-the-fuel-pump-2 going by what you suggested. I do not have a fuel pressure gauge but will try parts store asap. Thanks. Austin
  14. A

Is my fuel pump dead?

93 Mazda Navajo 237,000 miles. Always engine runs like a sewing machine. Smoothly. In south Fl it's been hot where the real feel the past 2 months is between 100* - 110* F each day. So after a 2 hour drive on errands yesterday I am at a light and engine shuts off like I ran out of gas. (I was...
  15. A

New Here: 1993 Explorer Sport 4x4 5spd

Nice lookin truck. ENjoy.
  16. A

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

Dave; Just finsihed the repair on my 93 Navajo. Thank you for the details and pictures. $8.08 at Advance and the Drivers window works great. Notes on mine; My Mazda has 3 open holes for the window motor so no divot, or drilling was needed. Very happy for that. Window motor has 1 screw to...
  17. A

The easier way to refill your 5 speed manual transmission

Just finished transmission fluid change ( drain & fill) on my 5 speed 4x4 Navajo. Bolts were too tight for me with the 1/2" ratchet wrench I had so I picked up the longer length and heavier torque wrench at WM. Sprayed the bolts good with PB blaster after coming home last night so the heat was...
  18. A

Just got a 93 Mazda Navajo ( one owner )

So i download photobucket which btw is loaded with spam and popups so that is not going to last long....cannot figure out how to get picture of my truck from there to here , so I go to newmember forum and find this helpful link
  19. A

So I do not have a photobucket I have to upload that then upload my pictures then upload from there to here. It would be easier if you imagine you don't have to go through photobucket.
  20. A

Thanks. That's a PITA. No wonder.
  21. A

The easier way to refill your 5 speed manual transmission

Good thread & going to get to my 5 speed Navajo asap. It will be the first fluid change I do on my "new" 4x4 Nav. Thanks for posting and the insight to help is out.
  22. A

I am ok to remove the door panel. Sounds good. Thanks and I wish I knew how to post a picture here. ( On the Peach Parts Mercedes forum I am on it's simple.) Mine is white / eggshell color I guess.
  23. A

Hey Rick, Long shifting is just compared to the "short shifting" N Beetle 5 speed I had last . The shifting though is somewhat of a struggle to go from 1st to 2nd and a little into 1st ...Not so much 3rd down to 2nd though. I am hoping this is maybe a hydraulic fluid thing and not anything...
  24. A

How on earth do you post pictures?
Back