Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

94 limited build

So the EX is pretty much dead, and with my current work schedule i just don't have the time to replace an engine. So i'm gonna throw it and the steel bumpers up for sale. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/4757500512.html
  2. S

94 limited build

Had a fun little issue on the way home. I started overheating. Turns out a hose came free and I lost all my coolant. I made it to the top of an exit ramp. I turned it off and sat to let it cool down. Tried to restart it when i had it back together and filled with water from the gas station...
  3. S

94 limited build

Got my windshield replaced two weeks back. Today I replaced the radiator, water pump, fan, fan clutch, thermostat, hoses. Next I need to focus on new tires and rims, shocks, new brakes. I'm also thinking about swapping out my rear end for a 2nd gen so I'd have all disk brakes and a...
  4. S

94 limited build

So got the vac line fixed, knocked out a plug and wire replacement and then took her for a drive on the freeway to check how she handled. My power loss issue has been solved and everything went great until..... a rock got kicked up and hit my windshield. .
  5. S

94 limited build

Turned out to be one of the vac lines.
  6. S

94 limited build

Wow it's been a year since I last posted. I haven't done much with my Ex besides basic maintenance, work has been taking up all my time this past year. I've been putting quite a few miles on the old explorer and I'm at the point where I need to do some improvements. I have the feeling I'm...
  7. S

94 limited build

Transmission has been rebuilt and been running great. Today however I had a new issue. She won't start at the end of the day. ran her to work and during lunch. Had no problems but when i went to crank her to go home it was like she wasn't getting enough fuel. Listened for the fuel pump...
  8. S

94 limited build

Just cleaned it.
  9. S

94 limited build

Wish I knew. But losing the main seal twice in just over six months, the Maf sensor, pulley tensioner, airduct has pretty much drained my emergency fund.
  10. S

94 limited build

So, after 6 months and replacing the maf sensor last month, the ex died on me again on the way back from chatt. All the symptoms point to the main trans seal again. With as much as I'm driving all over Atlanta for work, I may just have to sell her and buy something with better mileage.
  11. S

Issue while driving home.

Replaced the maf sensor, air filter(just in case), and the intake tube, and BAM problem fixed. Thanks guys for all the help trying to problem solve my issue it helped a lot.
  12. S

Problem is 75% solved, had nothing to do with the fuel system rather it was with the air intake. I was going over everything again just to make sure I didn't miss any thing pulled the duct and decided to start it maybe the butterfly valve wasn't opening or some thing. so I pulled the duct and...
  13. S

Checked the fuses and the switch, everything seems good. I'm hoping it's the fuel pressure regulator.
  14. S

Didn't know how to do that. codes I got were. 121 (O,R,M) Throttle Position (TP) sensor out of range - TPS 539 (O) System shows voltage at PCM pin 10 Is A/C on ? **(A/c was on)** 543 (O) Fuel pump monitor circuit shows no power - Power / Fuel Pump Circuits
  15. S

I have no clue what could be causing it at this point. I guess its time for randome spot checks.
  16. S

Took a look at it this morning, double checked to make sure no wires were nicked, loose or disconnected. No CIL either.
  17. S

Yep looks to be just a hose to the air intake.
  18. S

Sawped it with the wot relay, no change in performance.
  19. S

Nope still a rough idle. When I turn the key I hear the fuel pump engage, starts fine hits 1200 then bottoms out to 600. Sputters then dies. One thing that seems odd is when I hit the gas trying to rev it the rpms actually drop. Then when I let of the gas it revs momentarily then drops again.
  20. S

At this time that appears to be what was causing the majority of my rougher than normal start. made a temp patch out of duct tap to give it a start up test. worked well. i'll let it sit for a while longer let the engine get nice and cool then attempt the test again.
  21. S

Belt looked fine no damage at all. I did nick the hose next to the pulley though, been trying to find the correct name for it so I can replace it. As for cracked heads I don't think so. I'm not getting any of the typical sings after first test fire. However I did notice a rougher...
  22. S

Not the belt, but the belt tensioner pulley.
  23. S

Did some driving today(drove an hour and a half sat for two and drove for an hour and a half) in my 94 explorer, and didn't have any issues. Made it home and a couple hours later went to the store for some coffee. On the way back I stopped to fuel up. Then when I'm almost home, my charge idiot...
  24. S

1994 explorer suspension lift question.

With the f150 I used I didn't have to do a thing.
  25. S

94 limited build

I have been pretty busy lately and haven't had a chance to respond. It was as Bruce had said, I didn't align the torque converter properly and it got damaged. So it needed to be replaced, the fluid and transmission cleaned of any metal pieces that entered the transmission upon starting the...
Back