Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

this is a new one! cant grt my damn hood open!

Idk how easy you can get to the latch itself on a sport trac but there is an opening on the latch that you can put a small screwdriver in. Then to pop it open if I remember correct you twist it or put to one side and it'll pop the hood to the second latch and just open it like normal. To me...
  2. C

down pipe question

so resiliently I have put in a transglow shift in my trans. while finishing up on that I was bolting the down pipe back up to the manifold, and messed up the threads (no so sharp of mind after that one). i was wondering if anyone knows the size and thread pitch so that i can get two new ones...
  3. C

mountaineer headlights in explorer grille?

Its not just a simple flip. The anchors for the lights are in different spots. If you want to switch the than all you need is the header panal, lights, and grill. It just takes a few hours to do.
  4. C

inner tie rod help

Hey guys So I replaced my front suspention. But when I got to try and get the boot to stay on the rack to cover the inner tie rod it always pops off when I turn to full lock. I've tried zip ties like so of the threads on here say to do, but when I go to pull it tight it slips off the rack...
  5. C

Transmission coolant lines?

Even if you do reaplace them you still need the flaring tool. Most auto parts stores have the lines but you have to bend them to match.
  6. C

remaining life expectancy of '99 Exp 6-cylinder

my 99 sohc has 209,x.. and still going strong. I have a valve body ready to go in with the updates and trans glow shift kit and front suspention too and I only have 400 in all parts. But after that I bet I could see 250,x.. plus.
  7. C

new top end, now oil is blowing through the exhaust

Are the valves seated properly? Back when I was in school my teacher who worked on building engines his whole life told me once that if you just rebuild the top end you'll be blowing your bottem end. Idk how ture it is but just food for thought if it helps.
  8. C

What is this part underneath, all rusted. (pic)

You are correct. It is part of the evap system as far as what they do I think one is a char coal canister and the other I have no idea. Some one with better knowledge than me is sure to chime in.
  9. C

how can i tell if my explorer is lifted

For the front the easiest way is just look at the lower control arm. If its lifted they will have a downward angle to them, if its not they will be almost parallel with the ground. As for the rear see if it has shackels or if a four door leaf pack has been swapped in.
  10. C

Whitey turns red build thread!

That looks like a fun build!!!! Subscribing to see how it turns out:D
  11. C

Whistle Noise Under Hood While Accelerating

Is it a drop in or a cone type filter? With my k&n I get a whistel depending on throttle position but I know its the filter so it may just be that. Mine is a cone style but idk about the drop in kind it may be the same thing as well which is fine.
  12. C

Transfer case question.

No the 4405 won't. Fit behind the 5.0 you need to swap a 4406 from an f150 I belive. I know there are a number of threads detailing the swap and parts needed.
  13. C

How often should you?

If it sitting for a long time ie few months I would start it once every couple weeks till its at operating temp if unable to move. If you can still drive it just take it around the block a few times. You just want to make sure the seals don't get dry. But if it sitting for a short time I...
  14. C

1999 SOHC timing chain rattle

Well you could always do another swap.... but this time use the 4.0 from an 05 or up mustang. They have the upgraded timing guides (the part that seems to always break). That's my plan when mine takes a ****. But so far rocking almost 210,x.. and still going strong
  15. C

Time for a Tune-Up...

Since you have an 01 the marble sound may be the timing chain rattel. Just a heads up since its a common problem, but its just a guess with out hearing it
  16. C

Name that noise- video included

Did you repalce the starter or just mend it?
  17. C

1994 Aerostar with a 4.0L won't start when it's cold.

Have you tried priming it? Turn the key in the on position a few times to see if it starts?
  18. C

new guy and had a few q's

I didn't thing there was a difference between the explorer or mountaineer t case, that they only difference was badging. But as far as the problem your haveing it sounds like there is a wiring problem. Pop the tail light off, two screws and pull strait out. See if there is a hack job, if not...
  19. C

Made the same mistake

the problem you are saying when it starts cold and you have to keep your foot in it to keep it running. Mine did that too replaced the intake gaskets and now two years later still runs like a champ. Just have another issue to fix with the fuel pump.
  20. C

Made the same mistake

Is it a sohc engine or an ohv one?
  21. C

Remote starter recommendations

I have a viper alarm on mine. Pretty easy to install hardest part of the whole thing was working in such a small space. Just take your time with it pay attion to which wires are which.
  22. C

electric fan mpg

The fan most people use and what I have is out of a mark vIII. I have a flex-a-light controller set at 195 for low and 200 for high. I would recomend getting one with a soft start so its not so hard on the electrical system. That's all I can think off the top of my head but id be more than...
  23. C

electric fan mpg

The hardest part I think is making it look like is suppose to be there (kind of a neat freak). But its really not that hard. It does warm up faster because of it not being on when your engine is when cold. As far as a mpg gain I think I got an increase of 1-2 miles even with my heavy foot. In...
  24. C

Name that noise- video included

Yes the fan will be on with the first start up. I know its not the fan as mine does the same thing and I have an e fan conversion. At one point I had replaced both the idler pully and the tensioner and it was gone for a week or so and now its back. I'm not too worried as it starts every time and...
  25. C

Deleted?

If your not an elite member you can't sell stuff on this form.
Back