Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Parking/Running lights short?

Mr. cribb-Is the headlight master switch part of the multi function switch? roadrunner-By breaking the connection do you mean literally cut the wire? Will I be able to do your method with a simple connectivity tester? I saw that there is a 1991 explorer EVTM book for trouble shooting...
  2. N

There is no trailer hitch, alarm or even radio. so that's a good thing as far as isolating the problem. *update* checked and changed the front parking bulbs and the license plate bulbs. Fuse still goes instantly. Got a connectivity tester and obv have power to fuse slot 11. Now how would i...
  3. N

Thanks for the replies. Before I posted yesterday I went through and replaced all the rear bulbs. There was a double filament where a single should have been (rev) but after getting all the right ones in the right places the fuse still blew. I'm gonna go through and do the front ones today and...
  4. N

Hi everyone new member here. I tried asking this question in an old thread but didn't get any replies so I figured I'd try a new thread. I just got 91' explorer xl and and having an issue with the lights, and can't drive it @ night til I fix it. Here is the problem, I hope someone can help...
  5. N

2 Fuses keep blowing (PLEASE HELP)

"A few years later my brake lights stopped working and it would blow the fuse. I tried the same method and I couldn't find the bad wire. I then grabbed a multi function switch from a parts truck and viola.. problem fixed.. " I just bought a '91 and it has the same problem but with the tail...
Back